|Town of Fredericksburg, Indiana|
Location in the state of Indiana
|• Total||1.01 sq mi (2.62 km2)|
|• Land||0.99 sq mi (2.56 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2)|
|Elevation||614 ft (187 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||84|
|• Density||85.9/sq mi (33.2/km2)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EST (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0434794|
Fredericksburg is located at (38.432609, -86.190128).
According to the 2010 census, the town has a total area of 1.01 square miles (2.6 km2), of which 0.99 square miles (2.6 km2) (or 98.02%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 1.98%) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 85 people, 35 households, and 22 families residing in the town. The population density was 85.9 inhabitants per square mile (33.2/km2). There were 41 housing units at an average density of 41.4 per square mile (16.0/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 92.9% White, 2.4% Native American, and 4.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.9% of the population.
There were 35 households of which 34.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 40.0% were married couples living together, 17.1% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.7% had a male householder with no wife present, and 37.1% were non-families. 37.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 20% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.43 and the average family size was 3.18.
The median age in the town was 33.3 years. 29.4% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.3% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 28.2% were from 25 to 44; 17.7% were from 45 to 64; and 16.5% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the town was 55.3% male and 44.7% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 92 people, 41 households, and 25 families residing in the town. The population density was 91.7 people per square mile (35.5/km²). There were 44 housing units at an average density of 43.9 per square mile (17.0/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 100.00% White. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.09% of the population.
There were 41 households out of which 29.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 43.9% were married couples living together, 12.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.6% were non-families. 31.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.24 and the average family size was 2.77.
In the town the population was spread out with 21.7% under the age of 18, 8.7% from 18 to 24, 34.8% from 25 to 44, 17.4% from 45 to 64, and 17.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 109.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.0 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $21,250, and the median income for a family was $31,563. Males had a median income of $25,000 versus $35,250 for females. The per capita income for the town was $10,626. There were 21.4% of families and 23.5% of the population living below the poverty line, including 19.0% of under eighteens and 23.1% of those over 64.
Nathan Kimball, physician, politician, postmaster, and military officer.
- "Places: Indiana". 2010 Census Gazetteer Files. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-12-11.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- History of Lawrence, Orange, and Washington Counties, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Higginson Book Company. 1884. p. 786.
- Stevens, Warder William and Davis, Lulie (1916). Centennial History of Washington County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. McDowell Publications. p. 596.
- Biographical and Historical Souvenir for the Counties of Clark, Crawford, Harrison, Floyd, Jefferson, Jennings, Scott, and Washington, Indiana. Chicago Printing Company. 1889. p. 262.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.