Fredericksburg (Amtrak station)
The Fredericksburg Amtrak station is located at 200 Lafayette Boulevard (US BUS 1) in Fredericksburg, Virginia. It is also the terminus of the Virginia Railway Express Fredericksburg Line. Fredericksburg Regional Transit (FRED) was also recently added by the city for the same purpose.
Fredericksburg Station was originally built in 1910 by the Richmond, Fredericksburg and Potomac Railroad, as a replacement for an older ground level station house. The RF&P arrived in Fredericksburg as far back as January 1837. A former Virginia Central Railway Depot can be found on adjacent tracks two blocks to the west on the southwest corner of Lafayette Boulevard and Charles Street. 
The RF&P's passenger service was taken over by Amtrak in 1971. and commuter service was re-introduced by Virginia Railway Express in 1992 when the station became the southern terminus of the Fredericksburg Line. Since 1997, the station house was occupied by Claiborne's restaurant, until it was replaced in 2010 by the Bavarian Chef Restaurant. The station underwent a major restoration project between 2010 and 2011. When VRE completes and opens the Spotsylvania station in 2015, Fredericksburg station will cease to be a terminus for the line.
Fredericksburg Regional Transit
- FRED D1, F2, F4, VF1, and VS1.
- RF&P Subdivision (CSX Transportation)
- Fredericksburg Station Restoration (VREonline; YouTube)
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, Commonwealth of Virginia" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- 1905 Postcard of Fredericksburg station at ground level (TrainWeb)
- Dynamic Depot Maps (Fredericksburg, Virginia)
- Former Fredericksburg Virginia Central Railroad Depot
- "After 12 years, Claiborne's closes: Claiborne's closes suddenly," by Emily Battle (Fredericksburg.com; September 9, 2009 )
- The Bavarian Chef in Fredericksburg
- Shenk, Scott (29 July 2014). "Spotsy ready to roll on new VRE station". Fredericksburg News. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
Media related to Fredericksburg (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons