Fredrik Eklund (born April 26, 1977 in Stockholm, Sweden) is a New York City real estate broker, a Bravo TV reality star, a former Information technology (IT) entrepreneur in his native Sweden, and a novelist.
Eklund is the brother of author Sigge Eklund and the son of Klas Eklund, who is a senior economist at Swedish bank SEB. His paternal grandparents were Swedish-Danish-Irish-Russian actors Bengt Eklund and Fylgia Zadig. Eklund and partner Derek Kaplan were married February 9, 2013 on Little Palm Island in the Florida Keys.
Fredrik had his first American experience as a foreign exchange student in Edina, MN, where he attended Edina High School. After having finished high school, Eklund studied at the Stockholm School of Economics, but never graduated. He has also worked for the financial newspaper Finanstidningen. At the age of 23, Eklund was the CEO of a company with 45 employees.
Before leaving Sweden for New York City in 2002, Eklund entered a career in gay pornographic film under the pseudonym Tag Eriksson (or Tag Ericsson). He starred in the porn comedy movie The Hole (2003) (a parody of The Ring), and for this role won a GayVN award for "Best Solo Scene." He claims his background in porn has not affected his career negatively.
Fredrik has closed over two billion dollars in residential real estate. In New York City Eklund became Managing Director at the New York City real estate firm CORE Group Marketing and in 2010 Managing Director at Prudential Douglas Elliman, the largest real estate brokerage on the East Coast, alongside his business partner John Gomes. In February 2008 he sold an apartment to Cameron Diaz., in August 2009 to John Legend and in July 2010 to Daniel Craig. In 2014 he sold a mango farm to Patience Acheampong.
Fredrik is the founder of "Eklund Stockholm New York" , with three offices in Sweden. The New York Times featured Fredrik on the front page of The Sunday Style Section in November 2010, announcing he will be shooting a reality TV show for Bravo.
As of 2013, Fredrik has a personal net worth estimated at $30 Million. He is currently one of three New York City brokers starring in Bravo's Million Dollar Listing New York currently filming season 3.
|2003||The Hole||Benny Benson||Pornographic film|
|2004||Training Camp||Pornographic film|
|Lord II: Return to the Manor||Pornographic film|
|Jet Set Direct: Take One||Pornographic film|
|Desert Pick-Up 2||Pornographic film|
|American Porn Star||Pornographic film|
|High Chaparall||Himself||TV series, 1 episode|
|2005||Training Camp 2: The Magic Potion Mystery||Pornographic film|
|2009||Jason Adonis: Unseen||Pornographic film|
|2012 - present||Million Dollar Listing New York||Himself||TV series, regular|
|2012||Chelsea Lately||Himself||1 episode|
|Million Dollar Man||Pornographic film|
|2013||The Hole: Tenth Anniversary Special Edition||Benny Benson||Pornographic film|
- Svensk VD blir porrskådis i USA, Aftonbladet, February 2003, accessed May 2008 (Swedish)
- Widdicombe, Ben (2010-11-14). "From Pornography to Real Estate Mogul". New York Times. p. ST1. Retrieved 2010-11-18.
- En porrfilmstjärnas bekännelser, Svensk Bokhandel, October 2004, Fredrik Eklund, accessed May 2008, (Swedish)
- Direktören blev porrskådis - ger ut bok om karriärbytet, Dagens Nyheter, June 2004, Bernt Hermele, accessed May 2008 (Swedish)
- Nordyke, Kimberly (24 July 2013). "'Million Dollar Listing New York': Fredrik Eklund Previews Wedding Episode". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- [dead link]
- When You Need More Than Porn (It Happens), Gary Kramer, November 10, 2005, San Francisco Bay Times (Archive)
- "Interview: Fredrik Eklund | Out Magazine". Out.com. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- [dead link]
- Chung, Juliet (August 7, 2009). "John Legend Agrees to Buy East Village Apartment". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Fredrik Eklund lämnade porrbranschen – blev stjärnmäklare i New York | New York | USA | Nordamerika | Resmål | Resa | Aftonbladet". Aftonbladet.se. 2010-10-19. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Fredrik Eklund - Bio | Bravo TV Official Site". Bravotv.com. Retrieved 2014-08-09.