Free Spirit Alliance
The Free Spirit Alliance (FSA) is a non-profit spiritual networking organization serving the Pagan and Pantheist communities. Founded on May 21, 1986 and based in the Mid-Atlantic area of the USA, the Alliance's focus has been on presenting regional and local events where people from diverse backgrounds can learn and share ideas. Its promotional literature and website state that the organization has striven to develop a national reputation for being willing to work with often sensitive and personal issues in a friendly and safe environment.
FSA’s main event is the Free Spirit Gathering, held in June. It has also run a retreat event in the fall but this is currently on hiatus. All of these are currently held at a private campground near Darlington, Maryland. FSA previously ran Sacred Sexuality Beltane (held over five days at Beltane in May). This festival has been transferred to Turtle Hill Events.
The Free Spirit Gathering is by far the organization's largest event, attracting people from as far away as Washington, California, Hawaii, Texas, Minnesota and Canada. It is one of the oldest Pagan festivals in the country, celebrating its 25th year in 2010, and in peak years has had an attendance of over 800 people.
The Free Spirit Alliance previously hosted the unique, adults-only Sacred Sexuality Beltane Festival, which for several years following its inception was the only festival of its type in the country. Smaller in size than FSG, Beltane attracts about 350 people each spring.
See also 
- Alder, Margot (1986). Drawing Down the Moon. New York: Penguin Compass. ISBN 0-14-019536-X. p 514
- Maryland DAT Corporate Registrations See filing date of organization's charter with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation
- Free Spirit Gathering
- FSA Website
- THE Beltane
- Paige,Anthony (2003). American Witch: Magick for the Modern Seeker. Citadel Press. ISBN 0-8065-2511-8. p 79
- Rabinovitch, Shelley and James Lewis (2004). The Encyclopedia of Modern Witchcraft and Neo-Paganism. Citadel Press. ISBN 0-8065-2407-3. p 309
- Singer, Marian (2005). Dancing the Fire: The Ins and Outs of Neo-pagan Festivals and Gatherings. Citadel Press. ISBN 0-8065-2534-7. p. 156