|Parent company||Sony Music Entertainment|
|Country of origin||United States|
Freebandz is a record label imprint founded by Atlanta rapper Future in 2011. Since December 2012, the label releases are distributed through Epic Records. The artists under the label are referred to as Freeband Gang (FBG). So far, two studio albums has been released under Freebandz - Future's Pluto, as well as his second studio album, Honest.
After the success of Future's debut album Pluto, he looked to expand his label, signing new artists. On November 19, 2012, rapper Doe Boy, 18-year-old at the time, signed a deal with Freebandz, after releasing his mixtape Boyz N Da Hood 2 few weeks prior. On December 17, 2012, Future signed a joint deal with Freebandz and his major label Epic Records. Future's positive experience working with Epic on his first solo albums convinced him to create the joint venture.
The label's first group release - the mixtape F.B.G.: The Movie, was put out for free digital download on January 15, 2013. It served as an introduction to the new FBG artists Slice9, Casino, Mexico Rann and Maceo, as well as affiliate Young Scooter. According to Future, 'the tape sounds like a movie soundtrack'. It was certified platinum for having over 250,000 downloads on the popular mixtape site DatPiff. The second mixtape from Freeband Gang, titled Black Woodstock: The Soundtrack, was released on April 20, 2013, in celebration of 4/20. It features performances by a number of FBG artists and production by Drumma Boy, 808 Mafia, Metro Boomin, K.E. on the Track and DJ Montay, among others.
- Future (CEO & Founder)
- Slice 9
- Mexico Rann
- Millionaire Mark
- Doe Boy
- Young Scooter
- 2014: Jugg House by Young Scooter
- Steven Horowitz (2012-12-17). "Future Announces Joint Deal With Epic Records & His Freebandz Entertainment Label". HipHopDX. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- "Freebandz, Llc in Atlanta, Georgia". findthecompany.com. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- Sam Weiss (2012-11-19). "Doe Boy Signs to FreeBandz". Complex Music. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- "Future Brings Freebandz Entertainment Under Epic Records". The Versed. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- "Future Introduces His Free Bandz Crew on "FBG: The Movie"". VIBE Magazine. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- "FreeBand Gang Future Presents F.B.G: The Movie". DatPiff. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- "Black Woodstock Soundtrack (Hosted By Future) - DJ Esco". LiveMixtapes. Retrieved 2013-04-20.
- "Future & FreeBand Gang Future Presents F.B.G: The Movie". Hot97.com. 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2014-02-22.
- "Future Introduces His Free Bandz Crew on "FBG: The Movie"". Vibe. 2013-01-14. Retrieved 2014-02-22.
- Wesley Case (2013-03-19). "Baltimore rapper Test, signed to Future's Freebandz, drops 'Green Light'". The Baltimore Sun. Articles.baltimoresun.com. Retrieved 2014-02-22.
- Rys, Dan (2013-08-15). "Doe Boy, Signed To Future's Freebandz Label, Gets 18 Months In Prison - XXL". Xxlmag.com. Retrieved 2014-02-22.