Freedom Leisure is a not for profit organisation with a strong company ethos on providing value for money. The company does this by reinvesting surpluses back into the centres to ensure this happens. Freedom Leisure lost the management of the Mid Sussex Leisure Centres in Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill and East Grinstead with effect from the end of June 2014. and now manage the K2 Centre in Crawley.
Freedom Leisure operates 30 sites throughout East Sussex and West Sussex,two in Kent and five in Surrey]. There are four sites in Hastings and one site in each Bexhill, Crawley, Crowborough, Hailsham, Hassocks, Heathfield, Rye, Sandwich, Aylesham and Uckfield.
Whilst the facilities vary from site to site due to size (Hillcrest School in Hastings is decidedly smaller than K2 in Crawley, for example) in or due to other issues such as money, staffing etc. they may include:
- Swimming pool
- Large gym with cardiovascular and resistance equipment
- Exercise studio offering a wide programme of different classes
- Squash courts
- Children's activities
- Birthday parties
- Sauna and steam room
- Sports hall for badminton, 5-a-side football etc.
- Get Surrey article on Guildford Spectrum http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2102799_guildford_spectrum_under_new_management
- Get Surrey article on Woking park outsource http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2096752_woking_leisure_centre_to_be_run_by_external_operator