Freedom Township, Portage County, Ohio
|Freedom Township, Portage County, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||23.9 sq mi (62.0 km2)|
|• Land||23.9 sq mi (62.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,178 ft (359 m)|
|• Density||115.0/sq mi (44.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086828|
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Hiram Township - north
- Windham Township - east
- Paris Township - southeast corner
- Charlestown Township - south
- Ravenna Township - southwest corner
- Shalersville Township - west
- Mantua Township - northwest corner
A small part of the village of Garrettsville was formed from far northeastern Freedom Township.
Formed from Town 4, Range 7 of the Connecticut Western Reserve, Freedom Township covers an area of 24 sq mi (62 km2). The Ravenna Training and Logistics Site covers the southeast corner of the township.
Name and history 
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Portage County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.