Freehold Metrolink station
An M5000 arrives at Freehold Metrolink station, in November 2012
Location of Freehold in Greater Manchester
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||13 June 2012|
|UK Trams portal|
Freehold Metrolink station is a tram stop on the Oldham and Rochdale Line (ORL) of Greater Manchester's light-rail Metrolink system. It opened to passengers on 13 June 2012 as part of Phase 3a of the system's expansion, and is located on Block Lane in Chadderton at its boundary with Oldham in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham, England.
Freehold Metrolink station serves the Cowhill and Block Lane areas of Chadderton and the adjacent Freehold area of Werneth, Oldham from which the station takes its name. The station is one of the newly built stops on what was the Oldham Loop Line.
- 5 trams per hour to Rochdale railway station
- 5 trams per hour to East Didsbury
Connecting bus routes
Freehold station is served by two services, which stop outside the station on Block Lane. The 152 is operated by Stagecoach Manchester and heads northbound to Chadderton town centre, continuing to Firwood Park, and southbound to Hollinwood. The 159 is operated by Manchester Community Transport and heads northbound to Chadderton town centre, continuing to Oldham, and runs southbound to Hollinwood, continuing to Middleton via Woodhouses, Failsworth and New Moston.
On nearby Denton Lane, Cowhill, First Greater Manchester service 415 provides a direct link to Middleton and Oldham, while another First service, the 419, also provides a link to Chadderton and Middleton plus to Ashton-under-Lyne via Hathershaw.
- "Metrolink line to Oldham set to open". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "the online repository of historic maps - maps page". Old-Maps. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- "Freehold Local Area Map". Metrolink. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "Metrolink - Tram Times - Freehold". Metrolink. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Oldham and Rochdale Line". Metrolink. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "Service 152 Chadderton - Firwood Park". Stagecoach Manchester. 21 July 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Freehold Metrolink station.|
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
towards East Didsbury
|East Didsbury – Rochdale Town Centre Line||
towards Rochdale Town Centre