|Created by||Gregory Ng|
|Presented by||Gregory Ng|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||512|
|Original channel||YouTube, Next New Networks|
Freezerburns is a frozen food review web show hosted by Gregory Ng. Calling himself the "Frozen Food Master," Ng eats and reviews various brands of frozen food, and assigns it a rating based on his opinion. The show started on his website, freezerburns.com, but has now expanded into YouTube, and joined Next New Networks' Hungry Nation channel, and can be seen on around 20 other websites. With 55,000 site visitors a month and 5,000 views per show, Freezerburns has attracted the attention of large food companies like Kraft and ConAgra, who have sent packages of frozen food to review. Freezerburns has been featured on a variety of news and blogs.
Gregory Ng, the self-proclaimed "Frozen Food Master," serves as the host for each episode of Freezerburns. Each episode begins with the Freezerburns theme song written and sung by independent artist Skyrmish. Along with written reviews available on the Freezerburns website, Greg hosts different types of reviews, among them full length reviews, one word reviews, "Fro-Down" reviews, which feature a comparison between two similar items, and Live reviews. Ng's style is relaxed, speaking casually to the audience. He displays the frozen dish, and, after cooking, comments on its taste, sometimes upon the first bite. Each episode ends with a "question of the day," which helps Ng interact with his followers.
Cast and crew
Ng has described Freezerburns as a "a one-man show" and has stated that no one assists in making the videos. He spends 25 hours a week filming, editing, and responding to emails about Freezerburns. On special occasions, such as Live reviews, Greg is joined by co-hosts.
Reaction to Freezerburns is mostly positive, praising the content as well as the idea. Liz Shannon Miller of GigaOM has said Ng produces "exceptionally thorough reviews" that "also manage to be quite entertaining." David Garland of Open Forum praises Ng's concept and marketing strategy, stating the webshow is "a fantastic example of creative marketing and putting ideas into action."
- Sauer, Patrick J. (1 September 2010). "Next New Networks Takes Grassroots YouTube Talent to the Next Level". Fast Company. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- Stock, Sue (18 April 2010). "Web viewers warm up to frozen food show". News & Observer. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- Martin, Timothy W. (31 March 2010). "More Ready-to-Zap Foods Showing Up in the Freezer Case". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Hustvedt, Marc (9 June 2010). "‘FreezerBurns’, ‘Cloud’ Headline Latest Crop of Next New Creators". Tubefilter. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Broyles, Addie (2 February 2010). "Tasters rate which freezer meals to heat and which call for retreat". Austin American-Statesman. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Miller, Liz Shannon (23 March 2010). "Freezerburns Heats Up the Frozen Food Industry". GigaOM. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Kerley, Christina (5 May 2010). "What Marketers Can Learn from the Frozen Food Aisle". MarketingProfs. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Garland, David (16 December 2010). "6 Marketing Lessons Learned from a Guy Who Eats Frozen Food for a Living". Open Forum. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Ng, Gregory. "About Freezerburns". Freezerburns.com. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- Ng, Gregory. "All Reviews". Freezerburns.com. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- Ng, Gregory. "Kombucha Sorbet Video Review". Freezerburns.com. Retrieved 16 July 2011.