Freie Waldorfschule Wetterau
|Freie Waldorfschule Wetterau|
|Bad Nauheim, Hesse, GER|
|Type||Private, Waldorf school|
|Administrator||Fr. Büchel, Hr. Büsing, Hr. Mos|
|Student to teacher ratio||10:1|
|Campus||An der Birkenkaute 9
61231 Bad Nauheim
The Freie Waldorfschule Wetterau is a general-education school starting with class 1, with an officially recognised senior high school until the Abitur in class 13 (diploma from German secondary school qualifying for university admission or matriculation). The school is based on the Waldorf education. Parents and teachers are the financiers of the school. Therefore the parents are highly integrated into all themes concerning the school. At this time (2008), the Freie Waldorfschule Wetterau has around 450 students taught by about 50 teachers.
During summer 2002 the Varieté AG was founded. Once a year they have a huge show. The very first performance was in July 2003.
• The school specialises in music, all kinds of art, Eurhythmy and gardening.
• English and French starting with class 1.
• Several projects in lower grade classes like building a house or organic farming in the school's own garden.
• Choir and orchestra of junior high school and senior high school for all pupils.
• Various internships: - 9th class: Farming and business internship - 10th class: surveying - 11th class: social internship - 12th class: art historical school trip
• Drama in 8th and 11th class
• Partnership between 1st and 9th class,
• Zirkus-AG (circus consortium) and Varieté-AG (AG=consortium)
• 2001/2002: Umweltschule in Europa