Freja Beha Erichsen
|Freja Beha Erichsen|
Erichsen, September 2007
18 October 1987 |
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Measurements||79–60–86 cm (EU)
31–24–34 in (US)
|Dress size||34 (EU), 2 (US)|
|Shoe size||39 (EU), 8 (US)|
|Manager||IMG (London, Milan, New York, Paris)
Dominique Models (Brussels)
Unique Models (Denmark)
Discovered on the streets of her native Denmark by a modeling agent passing by, Erichsen made her debut as a model in 2005 at the fall Paris and Milan shows of Prada, Louis Vuitton, and Miu Miu (which she opened). She continues to walk the runways of New York, Paris, Milan and also London, both in the Ready-to-wear and Haute Couture seasons. Erichsen has walked for Shiatzy Chen, Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Burberry, Alexander Wang, Prada, Balmain, Balenciaga, Christian Lacroix, Zac Posen, Sonia Rykiel, Lanvin and Versace among many others.
She has appeared in advertising campaigns for brands such as Balenciaga, Jil Sander, Gucci, Harry Winston, Inc., Georg Jensen, Hugo Boss, H&M, CK by Calvin Klein, Hermès, Isabel Marant, Chanel, Gianfranco Ferré, Pringle of Scotland, Emporio Armani, Roberto Cavalli, Chloé, Karl Lagerfeld, MaxMara, Valentino, Pollini, Jaeger, GAP, and Tom Ford eyeswear. She is one of the faces of the fragrance Gucci by Gucci alongside Natasha Poly and Raquel Zimmermann, and starred in the television advertisement directed by David Lynch. She was also the face of the Calvin Klein fragrance IN2U. In 2011, she became the face of the fragrance Valentina by Valentino.
She has appeared in editorials for many fashion magazines, including the American, French, Italian, German, British, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian editions of Vogue, Interview Magazine, W Magazine, American and Russian Harper's Bazaar, French and Korean Numéro, i-D, V and Purple. She has also appeared on the cover of British Vogue, Vogue Italia, Purple, Vogue Paris, French and Korean Numéro, i-D, V, W Magazine and the Chinese, Portuguese, South Korean and Japanese editions of Vogue. In 2008, casting agent James Scully, said of Erichsen:
|“||The queen of cool. Probably one of the most-requested models of all my clients. She is the perfect old-school clothes-hanger with a little eighties androgyny thrown in.||”|
At the height of her career she was ranked 2nd on the Top 50 Models Women List by models.com, along with Natasha Poly, but as of September 2012 is ranked 13th. Vogue Paris declared her one of the top 30 models of the 2000s.
Erichsen is featured in the 2011 edition of the Pirelli Calendar, photographed by Karl Lagerfeld. Erichsen is part of history, in what marks the magazine's first multi-cover in the publication's 95-years, landing one of the three May Vogue UK covers in celebration of the most anticipated wedding of the year - the Royal wedding.
Personal life 
Erichsen was educated at Frederiksberg Gymnasium (high school). She is good friends with fellow models Abbey Lee Kershaw, Irina Lazareanu, Coco Rocha, Lily Donaldson, Karmen Pedaru, Arizona Muse, Raquel Zimmerman and Agyness Deyn. She enjoys listening to the music of PJ Harvey, the Danish group Kira and the Kindred Spirits, Janis Joplin and Jeff Buckley. She currently lives in New York City.
- "Freja Beha". IMG Models. Archived from the original on 6 December 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-07.
- "Freja Beha Erichsen". Harpers Bazaar. Archived from the original on 15 January 2009. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- Fashion Model Directory Profile
- Herbst, Kendall (9 May 2008). "Casting Agent James Scully's All-Time Favorite Models". New York. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- Fashionista News Story: "Can The Freja Beat Up The Stam?" 7 March 2007.
- Top 50 models women. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- Les 30 Mannequins des Années 2000. Retrieved 2010-01-20.
- "Karl Lagerfeld Unveils the 2011 Pirelli Calendar".
- Foster, Kimberley (5 April 2011). "Vogue UK's triple treat: Lara Stone, Natalia Vodianova & Freja Beha Erichsen". Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "vmagazine.com top 10 women 2007". http://www.vmagazine.com/fashion_article.php?n=859.
- Vogue Paris April 2009, Top Models Supplement
- "Freja Baha". New York.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Freja Beha Erichsen|