|Full name||Boldklubben Fremad Amager
Fremad Amager Elite ApS
|Nickname(s)||Englene (en: The Angels)
|Founded||10 June 1910|
|Capacity||7,200 (2,500 seated)|
|League||2nd Division East|
|2012–13||2nd Division East, 14th|
|Website||Club home page|
Boldklubben Fremad Amager (Fremad A for short) is a Danish professional football club based in the district of Amager Vest, Copenhagen. As of the 2013/2014-season, the club's first team play in 2nd Division, East group. The club consists of an amateur department and a professional section, that is owned 80% by Fremad Amager Elite ApS - a company created on 1 January 2014 - while the remaining 20% is owned by the amateur department of the club. The club have played their home games at Sundby Idrætspark since 1922. Fremad Amager's last spell in the highest football league in Denmark was in the spring of 1994. Since the promotion to the nationwide football leagues in 1929, the club has spent the majority of its history, with the exception of three seasons, in the different division structures (known as "Danmarksturneringen i fodbold"). The club reached the Danish Cup final in 1972 while playing at the second highest level, but lost against Vejle Boldklub, who had also won the Danish championship in 1971. As a result, Fremad Amager participated in the 1972–73 European Cup Winners' Cup, but did not advance beyond the first round.
On July 1, 2008, the club participated in the formation of the superstructure FC Amager together with neighbouring clubs Dragør Boldklub, Kastrup Boldklub and Kløvermarken FB. The merger was shortlived. After only 8 month of existence, the merger club went bankrupt in March 2009 at the start of second half of the 2008–09 season. The league licence, that the merger team was playing under, was returned to Fremad Amager, who was relegated to the lower ranking regional football league, Copenhagen Series, shortly before the club's 100 years anniversary. Having been described as a working class team, the club enjoy long-standing rivalries against neighbouring clubs Boldklubben Frem, Kastrup Boldklub and Boldklubben 1908.
Team colours and crest
Boldklubben Fremad Amager's club colours are blue and white. The team's home kit consists of a blue shirt, white shirts and blue socks, while the away kit can have different colours — as specified in the club's constitution.
The current club shield was introduced in 1952, replacing a circular emblem. For the club's centenary celebrations in 2010, the emblem was inscribed in a green-coloured wreath consisting of crossed conventionalized branches of the olive tree (similar to the flag of the United Nations) and text above and below the shield noting the centenary.
Kit manufacturers and shirt sponsors
|Years||Kit manufacturer||Main shirt sponsor||Back of shirt sponsor|
|Brand||Company name||Brand||Company name|
|2010–2012||Adidas||Hotel Amager PUB||N/A|
|2012–||Fagfolkenes Flytteforening||Clausen's Service|
- As of 18 June 2014
Notable former players
First team honours
- Kvalifikationsligaen (II)
- Runner-up (1): 1994 (spring)
- Oprykningsserien/2. Serie/2nd Division/1st Division (II)
- Runner-up (7): 1930–31, 1935–36 (east), 1937–38, 1948–49, 1949–50, 1950–51, 1993 (fall)
- 3rd Division/2nd Division (III)
- Winners (4): 1969 (east), 1971 (east), 1987 (east), 1991 (east, spring)
- Runner-up (5): 1954–55, 1958, 1968 (east), 1991 (east), 2007–08 (east)
- Copenhagen Series (V)
- Winners (1): 2009–10
- Copenhagen Cup
- Winners (1): 1952–53
- Runner-up (1): 1933
For a statistical breakdown by season, see List of Fremad Amager seasons.
- 20 seasons in the Highest Danish League
- 41 seasons in the Second Highest Danish League
- 25 seasons in the Third Highest Danish League
- 3 seasons in the Fourth Highest Danish League
- 2 seasons in the Fifth Highest Danish League
- Jacob Schneider (2010-06-10). "Fra arbejderklub til fodbold-'brand' i krise". Amager Bladet. Retrieved 2014-04-25 Archived.
- Tom Hermansen (2011-05-27). "Elevatorklubben vil op igen". Tipsbladet. Retrieved 2014-04-25 Archived.
- Fremad Amager. "Vedtægter for Boldklubben Fremad Amager". www.fremad-amager.dk. Retrieved 2014-04-22 Archived.
- "Players". Fremad Amager. 2014-06-18. Retrieved 2014-06-21 Archived.
- "Trøje 12 ´sidder´ nu på fanklubben". Ken Foltmar, Fremad Amager Online. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- "Fanklubben er nu officiel 12. mand". Fanklubben De Blå/Hvide Engle - Fremad Amager's Officielle Fanklub. 2007-07-07. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- haslund.info. "Deltagelse i Danmarksturneringen - Fremad Amager". www.haslund.info. Retrieved 2013-09-05 Archived.
- Dansk Boldspil-Union/DBU København. "Turneringer & resultater - Stilling - Herre-DS, Pulje 1 (2011)". www.dbu.dk. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- In 1963 and 1964, the club's first team played in the Danish 4th Division/Kvalifikationsturneringen.
- Dansk Boldspil-Union/DBU København. "Turneringer & resultater - Stilling - KSH Forår (2009)". www.dbu.dk. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Dansk Boldspil-Union/DBU København. "Turneringer & resultater - Stilling - KS Herre 09/10 (2010)". www.dbu.dk. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fremad Amager.|
- Official website (Danish)