|Headteacher||Ms Helen Loughran|
|Location||Bowling Green Lane
|DfE URN||137002 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
Freman College is a coeducational upper school and sixth form with academy status. located in Buntingford, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom for 13-18 year olds. Of the 788 students at the school in 2006, 198 were enrolled in the Sixth form.
The college is a specialism in humanities and is the coordinator of a School Sports Partnership.
Students at Freman College belong to one of four houses for the duration of their studies, each named after a famous British sculptor: Butler, Hepworth, Mills and Moore. There are regular inter-house competitions in sports and the arts, with the overall winners each year being awarded the Sainsbury Trophy. Tutor groups in which students register are also dependent upon a students house, and each tutor group contains students from each year group.
Notable former pupils
In the News
- "BBC News: 2004 School Tables: Freman College". 2004-11-02. Retrieved 2007-02-13.
- "DFES Website: Secondary School Achievement and Attainment Tables 2006". Retrieved 2007-02-14.
- "DFES Website: School and College (Post-16) Achievement and Attainment Tables 2006". Retrieved 2007-02-14.
- "OFSTED Inspection Report June 2006" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-02-13.[dead link]
- "Freman College Website: History". Archived from the original on 2007-01-02. Retrieved 2007-02-13.
- "Freman College Website: House Structure". Archived from the original on 2007-01-02. Retrieved 2007-04-17.
- Sam Gyimah. "Sam Gyimah - Sam's Background". Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Freman College in Buntingford to ban skirts from uniform". BBC News. 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
|This Hertfordshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|