Fremont (BART station)
A view of the Fremont BART station from the ground level
|Address||2000 Bart Way
Fremont, CA 94536
|Connections||AC Transit: Routes 99, 212*, 215*, 216*, 217, 232*, 239*, 242, 251, 332**, 333***, 345**, 350** (local); 801 (All Nighter); U* (Transbay)
VTA: Routes 120*, 140*, 180*, 181, 183*
* - Route operates weekdays only
** - Route operates weekends and holidays only
*** - Newark FlexBus, a service that operates from 7pm to midnight weeknights (except holidays)
|Parking||2030 spaces- Monthly Reserved, Daily ($1), Midday (free after 3pm), Extended Weekend (free), Carpool and Long Term|
|Bicycle facilities||34 lockers|
|Opened||September 11, 1972|
|Owned by||Bay Area Rapid Transit|
|Passengers (FY 2010)||6,932 exits/day 3.39%|
Fremont is a Bay Area Rapid Transit station that serves Fremont, California. The elevated island platform serves as the southernmost terminal station of BART's Fremont line, which is served by trains on the Fremont - Daly City Line, which runs daytimes Monday-Saturday, and the Richmond - Fremont Line whose trains run during all BART service times. All trains terminate service and reverse direction at this station. In 2015 the station will no longer be the southern terminal of this line as the Warm Springs station will open, a precursor to the planned extension to San José at Berryessa.
Service at this station began on September 11, 1972. On October 2, 1972 a car ran off the tracks at this station due to a component failure.
AC Transit operates the following route from the station:
- One Transbay route, Line U, that provides service to Stanford University using the Dumbarton Bridge and also serves Fremont Centerville station that provides connections to Altamont Commuter Express and Amtrak trains.
- Several local services that operate mainly within Fremont, with some routes extending further north as Bay Fair BART in San Leandro and further south as Great Mall VTA Station in Milpitas.
- One All-Nighter route (Route 801) that provides service all the way to 14th & Broadway in Downtown Oakland with a timed transfer at (12th Street Oakland City Center BART station) to a connecting service (Line 800) from San Francisco at Civic Center/UN Plaza station and to Richmond Station.
VTA, on the other hand, provides several express and commuter buses that serve San Jose, Milpitas, and other attractions in the South Bay, and its services act as a connector along the only part of the ring around the Bay without rail connections (the closest such station, Fremont-Centerville Amtrak & Altamont Commuter Express station, is about two miles away; the nearest Capitol Corridor station is at Hayward, although one is proposed for Union City).
- Fremont-Centerville (Amtrak & Altamont Commuter Express station)
- Washington Hospital
- Fremont Central Park (Lake Elizabeth)
- Alameda County Library (Fremont Main)
- Kaiser Permanente Hospital - Fremont
- Alameda County Court House - Fremont
- Fremont City Hall
- Fremont Police Station
- BART - Fremont Station Overview
- The station address on Google Maps
- Map of overflow parking lot for Fremont BART