Fremont Ross High School
|Fremont Ross High School|
|School district||Fremont City School District|
|Assistant principals||David Buening, James Marquette, Justin Cummings|
|Color(s)||Purple & White
|Athletics conference||Three Rivers Athletic Conference|
|Mascot||Roscoe The Little Giant|
Fremont Ross High School is a public high school in Fremont, Ohio, USA. It is the only high school in the Fremont City School District, and one of two high schools in Fremont, the other being Saint Joseph Central Catholic High School. The school enrolls 1,386 students as of the 2006-2007 academic year.
The boys' sports teams are called the "Little Giants", while girls' teams are the "Lady Giants". The school's colors are purple and white. The football team has a rivalry with Sandusky High School that dates back to 1895, making it the second-oldest high school football rivalry in Ohio and one of the twenty oldest rivalries in the United States.
They are currently a member of the Three Rivers Athletic Conference beginning with the 2011-2012 season.
- Rob Lytle class of 1973 was a 2 time All American football star at the University of Michigan and later played for the Denver Broncos in the NFL. Rob suffered a heart attack and died on November 20, 2010.
- Bob Brudzinski class of 1973 was a 1976 All-America at The Ohio State University and later played for the Los Angeles Rams and Miami Dolphins in the NFL.
- Shawn McCarthy class of 1986 played for the Purdue Boilermakers and the New England Patriots. He was also the National Punt Pass and Kick champion
- Charles Woodson class of 1995 was voted the 1997 Heisman Trophy winner and is an eight-time NFL Pro Bowl player is an alumnus of Ross High School. He became the first primarily defensive player to be awarded the Heisman trophy. He was named the 2009 AP Defensive Player of the Year; the second cornerback to receive such an honor. Woodson won the 1994 Ohio Mr. Football award and is currently an Oakland Raider. He was a member of the Super Bowl XLV champions.
- Earl Christy class of 1940 won the 1940 State Diving championship.
- Timothy Lull class of 1961 served as President of Pacific Lutheran Seminary (ELCA) in Berkeley, California
- Al Klisz class of 1976 (spirit of '76) currently holds the patent for aluminum foil and UNH baseball hats.
- Derek Isaman class of 1985 was a former professional boxer. He was former National Golden Gloves Heavyweight Champion. He was also team captain of 1989 Ohio St football team and its MVP.
- Karl Bury class of 1985. Actor. Has been a supporting actor in several feature films including The Majestic, Duplicity, Pride and Glory among others. He has been in several major television series including the Sopranos, Law & Order, Judging Amy, The Practice, and Brotherhood
- Robert W. Genzman, class of 1967. Attorney. Former US Attorney for Central Florida. Counsel to the Iran Contra Congressional Investigation Committee. Graduate of UPenn, London School of Economics and Cornell Law School.
- Jacob Wukie class of 2004 was in the 2012 London Olympics. He received a silver medal in archery.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
Notes and references