French Lick Township, Orange County, Indiana
|French Lick Township|
Location in Orange County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||54.07 sq mi (140.0 km2)|
|• Land||53.85 sq mi (139.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.22 sq mi (0.6 km2) 0.41%|
|Elevation||482 ft (147 m)|
|• Density||87.3/sq mi (33.7/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47432, 47454, 47469|
|GNIS feature ID||0453319|
French Lick Township was named after French Lick Creek.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 54.07 square miles (140.0 km2), of which 53.85 square miles (139.5 km2) (or 99.59%) is land and 0.22 square miles (0.57 km2) (or 0.41%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Mount Lebanon, Pythian and Sulphur Creek.
Airports and landing strips
- French Lick Municipal Airport
- Springs Valley Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 62
- State Senate District 48
- "French Lick Township, Orange County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Lawrence, Orange, and Washington Counties, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Higginson Book Company. 1884. p. 390.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for French Lick Township
||Northwest Township||Orangeville Township|
|Lost River Township, Martin County||Paoli Township|
|Columbia Township, Dubois County||Jackson Township||Greenfield Township|