French presidential election, 2017
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Next French presidential election is scheduled to be held in April and May 2017. However, it might be held earlier under exceptional circumstances (resignation or death of the President).
Incumbent President François Hollande is likely to run for his second and final term. However, due to his unpopularity, it is said that he is no more the "natural candidate" of the Socialist Party if he wants to run.
- Martine Aubry, Mayor of Lille and candidate for President in 2012
- François Hollande, incumbent President of France
- Arnaud Montebourg, former Minister of Economy and candidate for President in 2012
- Manuel Valls, Prime Minister and candidate for President in 2012
Union for a Popular Movement
- Xavier Bertrand, MP and Mayor of Saint-Quentin and former minister of Health and Labour
- François Fillon, MP of Paris and former Prime Minister
- Alain Juppé, Mayor of Bordeaux and former Prime Minister, for Minister of Foreign Affairs, former Minister of Defence 
Union of Democrats and Independents
- Jean-Christophe Lagarde, president of the UDI, MP, Mayor of Drancy, former vice-president of the National Assembly of France.
- "The great Socialist split: a storm in a teacup?". Policy Network. September 3, 2014. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- Julien Ponthus (September 6, 2014). "French President Francois Hollande vows to finish in 2017 despite approval rating hitting record low". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "French far right is at the 'gates of power', PM Valls warns". France 24. September 7, 2014. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Primaire de l'UMP : Fillon sera candidat "quoi qu'il arrive"". Le Monde. May 9, 2013. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- Inti Laundaro (August 20, 2014). "Alain Juppé Declares Intention to Seek French Presidency in 2017". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- Kim Willsher (January 22, 2014). "Nicolas Sarkozy plans 2017 comeback". The Guardian. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Hollande is ‘nobody’s president’ says former French minister". France 24. August 21, 2014. Retrieved September 8, 2014.