From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For frequency shifting, see Heterodyne.
In the physical sciences and in telecommunication, the term frequency shift has the following meanings:
- Any change in frequency
- A Doppler shift
- Any change in the frequency of a radio transmitter or oscillator. (Note: In the radio regime, frequency shift is also called rf shift.)
- Frequency-shift telegraphy
- In facsimile, a frequency modulation system where one frequency represents picture black and another frequency represents picture white. Frequencies between these two limits may represent shades of gray
- An intentional frequency change used for modulation purposes
- Spectrum shifting in signal processing, see Discrete Fourier transform#Shift theorem
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.