|IATA: FDH – ICAO: EDNY|
|Operator||Flughafen Friedrichshafen GmbH|
|Serves||Friedrichshafen, Germany and Lake Constance|
|Elevation AMSL||1,358 ft / 414 m|
Friedrichshafen Airport (German: Flughafen Friedrichshafen, IATA: FDH, ICAO: EDNY; also known as Bodensee Airport Friedrichshafen) is a minor international airport 1.9 miles (3 km) north of Friedrichshafen, Germany. It is the third biggest airport in the German state of Baden-Württemberg and served 545,121 passengers in 2012. It features flights to European city and leisure destinations and is the home base for the Austrian regional airline InterSky.
Presently, a yearly aviation conference hosts the latest in European aircraft designs. AERO Friedrichshafen hosted an attendance of 33,400 in 2011, and 30,800 in 2012. AERO 2013 took place from 24–27 April 2013. The convention center Messe Friedrichshafen is right north of the runway.
The airport consists of one passenger terminal building that features seven departure gates (A-G) as well as some shops and restaurants. The apron consists of seven aircraft stands which feature walk-boarding and bus-boarding as there are no jet bridges. The terminal building also features office space and an observation deck.
Airlines and destinations
|Number of Passengers
Friedrichshafen can be reached from all directions via federal highways B30 and B31 which are connected to several motorways like the A96 from Munich or the A13/A14 from Austria and Switzerland. The airport is signposted throughout the city. Taxis and rental car agencies are available at the terminal building.
Friedrichshafen Airport has its own small railway station named Friedrichshafen Flughafen directly across from the terminal building. It is regularly served by local trains of DB Regio and the Bodensee-Oberschwaben-Bahn which continue to the city centre of Friedrichshafen or the city of Ulm.
- Airport information for EDNY from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for FDH at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Sport Aviation: 14. June 2012.
- "British Airways Adds London Gatwick – Friedrichshafen / Grenoble Winter Service from late-Dec 2014". Airline Route. 7 April 2014.
- "Our New Flights: Friedrichshafen" (Press release). Turkish Airlines. 6 March 2013. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- fly-away.de – Ground transportation
Media related to Friedrichshafen Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Current weather for EDNY at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for FDH at Aviation Safety Network