Friend of History Award
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2012)|
The Friend of History Award is an award given by the Organization of American Historians. It "recognizes an individual, who is not a professional historian, or an institution or organization for outstanding support for the pursuit of historical research, for the public presentation of history, or for the work of the OAH."
- 2005: Seymour G. Sternberg, New York Life Insurance Company
- 2005: Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History
- 2006: Geoffrey C. Ward, Independent Scholar
- 2007: Senator Robert C. Byrd
- 2007: Libby O'Connell and The History Channel
- 2008: Ruth J. Simmons, President, Brown University
- 2009: Brian P. Lamb, Founder and CEO, C-SPAN, host of Booknotes
- 2010: Newberry Library
- "Friend of History Award". The Organization of American Historians: Programs & Resources: OAH Awards and Prizes. The Organization of American Historians. Retrieved 2013-11-03.