Friends (John Michael Montgomery song)
|Single by John Michael Montgomery|
|from the album What I Do the Best|
|Released||September 23, 1996|
|John Michael Montgomery singles chronology|
"Friends" is a song written by Jerry Holland, and recorded by American country music artist John Michael Montgomery. It was released in September 1996 as the second single from his album What I Do the Best. It peaked at number 2 in the United States, while it was a number-one hit in Canada.
The song is a ballad, that discusses how when people break up, they always state the line "we can still be friends."
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||69|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||38|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||59|
"Maybe We Should Just Sleep on It"
by Tim McGraw
|RPM Country Tracks
February 3, 1997
"Is That a Tear"
by Tracy Lawrence
- Billboard, November 2, 1996
- "RPM Country Tracks." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. February 3, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "John Michael Montgomery Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for John Michael Montgomery.
- "John Michael Montgomery Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for John Michael Montgomery.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1997". RPM. December 15, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Best of 1997: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.