Friends of WikiLeaks
|Friends of WikiLeaks|
Type of site
|Social networking service|
Friends of WikiLeaks, sometimes reduced and stylized as FoWL, is a surveillance-resistant social network site of the WikiLeaks. Founded in May 2012, the site was intended for those who support WikiLeaks and its activities to perform advocacy. In contrast to more traditional forms of social networking, FoWL aimed at bringing like-minded people together who do not yet know each other. To achieve this goal, the site would ask about the language the user speaks as well as any preferences in the ways of hobbies or other activities. The site would then find six friends who share your views within your country, and another six from other parts of the world who speak your language. If one of those friends cancelled their account or became inactive, a new friend would be matched to user's circle and would replaced the previous inactive one.
|“||"Friends of WikiLeaks is a network of people from across the globe who defend WikiLeaks, its people, its alleged sources and its mission"||”|
—Friends of WikiLeaks
- Girard, Céline (22 February 2012). "FoWL, le " Facebook killer "" (in French). Le Soir. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- Graziano, Dan (22 May 2012). "WikiLeaks launches encrypted social network". bgr.com. Archived from the original on 2013-12-04.
- "Friends of Wikileads". Archived from the original on 2013-08-09. website.
- "'Friends of WikiLeaks' fight for Assange's rights in European Court". RT.com. 19 June 2012. Archived from the original on 2013-05-02. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Wikileaks v Facebook: Friends of Wikileaks Social Network Launched - IBTimes UK". Ibtimes.co.uk. 2012-05-22. Retrieved 2012-10-28.
- "UPDATING September 2014: Friends of WikiLeaks International Directory". Friends of WikiLeaks - Chicago.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|