Friendswood Development Company
|Private (subsidiary of Lennar Corporation)|
|Founded||1962, as a subsidiary of Humble Oil|
|Headquarters||Houston, Texas, USA|
|John Hammond, President|
|Products||Residential and commercial developments|
|Slogan||"Taking on the world's toughest energy challenges", "We're drivers too", "Understanding Energy"|
Major master-planned communities that have been developed by Friendswood Development include: Fairfield, Clear Lake City and Kingwood. The company also developed the Barbours Cut shipping terminal at Morgan's Point in conjunction with the Port of Houston authority, and the Bayport Industrial Complex in La Porte/Pasadena.
Friendswood Development was originally owned by Exxon. Around December 1992 there were plans to move Friendswood Development Company's offices from Three Greenspoint to the Anadarko Tower, a facility built in a two-year period prior to December 1992. 
In 1995 Exxon announced plans to sell the Friendswood Development Company.
- "Friendswood Development Company". Business Week.
- "SUPPLEMENTARY DECLARATION OF COVENANTS, CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS ANNEXATION OF KINGS MANOR SECTION TWELVE (12)." Kings Manor Association at SCS Management Services, Inc. Retrieved on August 2, 2009.
- "550 Greens Parkway." PRS Realty. Retrieved on August 2, 2009.
- Greene, Casey Edward: Clear Lake City, Texas from the Handbook of Texas Online Texas State History Association.
Kleiner, Diana J.: Kingwood, Texas from the Handbook of Texas Online Texas State History Association.
"Welcome To Fairfield". Friendswood Development Company. Retrieved 15 Jan 2010.
- "The Port Develivers the Goods" (PDF). Port of Houston Authority. April 2006. p. 11.
"Agenda" (PDF). La Port Independent School District. 26 Feb 2008.
- Bivins, Ralph. "Greenspoint ground broken for Exxon Exploration building." Houston Chronicle. Thursday December 17, 1992. Business 3. Retrieved on August 2, 2009.
- "1995 Open Letter from Exxon to Clear Lake City residents re: Sale of Friendswood Development Corporation." Friendswood Development Company. Retrieved on October 24, 2009.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This real estate article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|