From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Friesland in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Friesland is a province of the Netherlands.
Friesland may also refer to:
- In Europe
- Frisia, a coastal North Sea region extending from the Netherlands to the German–Danish border region
- East Frisia (East Friesland), an area of northern Germany, in Lower Saxony
- Friesland (district), 1933 - 1977, 1980 - ongoing, today a Landkreis in the German state of Lower Saxony
- Lordship of Friesland, a historical region between 1524 and 1795.
- Friesland Department, 1802 - 1810, Batav Republic
- Frise (department), 1811 - 1814, French Empire
- Frisland, a mythical island in the 16th century and 17th century
- Outside Europe
- Friesland, Paraguay, a village (mennonite colony) in Paraguay
- Friesland, Wisconsin, a village in south central Wisconsin
- Friesland, Minnesota, an unincorporated community in east central Minnesota
- Vriesland, Michigan, a village in Michigan settled by Frisian immigrants
- Friesland Ridge, a ridge in Tangra Mountains, Livingston Island, Antarctica;
- Mount Friesland, in the Friesland Ridge, Tangra Mountains, Livingston Island, Antarctica
- The German Air Force Regiment "Friesland"
- Friesland class destroyer
- HNLMS Friesland, several ships of the Dutch navy
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Friesland.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.