|Founded||2009, Rome, Italy|
|Defunct||January 14, 2013|
|Headquarters||Via Salaria 222, 00198 Roma|
|Key people||Francesco Nespega|
Switchover Media began with the Jetix Italy management agreeing to purchase the Jetix Italy company and channels GXT and K2 from Jetix Europe in July 2009 while managing the Jetix Italy channel until it re-brands as Disney XD in the fall. In June 2010, Switchover launched a channel for boys, Frisbee, broadcast on Sky Italia and Digital terrestrial television.
In 2012, Media moves out of the youth market with the launch of two specialized adult skewing channels. On May 14, SOM launched Giallo (“Yellow”) via digital terrestrial with crime drama, thrillers and whodunits programming from the US and Europe. In the Summer, the company under an agreement with Gruner+Jahr/Mondadori launched Focus TV channel (56) based on the popular science magazine of the same name on Italian digital terrestrial television. The channel was planned to be male focused factual based programming.
- GXT, male focused pay channel
- K2, general kids channel
- Giallo, free to air female-marketed investigation-themed channel
- Focus, a male-skewed factual entertainment channel
|Owned by||Discovery Communications|
|Picture format||4:3 SDTV|
|Audience share||1.8% among kids 4-14 (February 2011, )|
|Digital||LCN 44, in selected areas|
|Sky Italia||Channel 630|
Frisbee was launched by Switchover Media in June 2010.
Most of the channel's programming were acquired from Disney’s library such that for the first few years, the channel would not need to acquire any new programming. Frisbee's top drawing programs for the first few months were Transformers, Spider-Man, Megaman and Sonic.
- "Jetix Italy bosses buy GXT and K2 channels". digitaltveurope.net. July 16, 2009. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Moody, Annemarie (July 15, 2009). "Jetix Italy Announces Management Buyout". AWN News. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- Calder, Kate (October 22, 2010). "New Italian kids channels bank on digital switchover". Kidscreen. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- "Switchover launches new Italian DTT channel". Digital TV Europe. May 8, 2012. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- "Focus science on DTT Italy this summer". advanced-television.com. June 28, 2012. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- "Discovery buys Italian broadcaster Switchover". January 15, 2013. January 15, 2013. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- Official website
- Frisbee (TV channel) (in Italian)
- Giallo (TV channel) (in Italian)
- Focus TV (in Italian)