11 May 1938
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
|Institutions||University of Marburg
University of Kaiserslautern
International Institute of Biophysics - Neuss
|Doctoral students||Bernhard Ruth
|Known for||Biophoton emissions|
|Notable awards||Röntgen-Prize (1966)|
Fritz Popp was born in 1938 in Frankfurt. His first diploma was in Experimental Physics (1966, University Würzburg), followed by the Röntgen-Prize of the University Würzburg, Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics (1969, University Mainz). Habilitation in Biophysics and Medicine (1973, University Marburg). Prof. Popp rediscovered and made the first extensive physical analysis of "Biophotons". He was awarded Professorship (H2) by the Senate of Marburg University, and lectured at Marburg University from 1973 to 1980. He was Head of a research group in the Pharmaceutical Industry in Worms from 1981 to 1983 and Head of a research group at the Institute of Cell Biology (University Kaiserslautern) from 1983 to 1986 and of another research group at the Technology Center in Kaiserslautern.
Dr. Popp became an Invited Member of the New York Academy of Sciences and an Invited Foreign Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences (RANS). Popp is the founder of the International Institute of Biophysics in Neuss (1996), Germany, an international network of 19 research groups from 13 countries involved in biophoton research and coherence systems in biology.     
- Champagne, C. S. K. Mishra, Pascale (2009-01-01). Biotechnology Applications. I. K. International Pvt Ltd. pp. 363–. ISBN 9789380026299. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- Rattemeyer M., Popp F. A., Nagl,W. (1981) Evidence of photon emission from DNA in living systems, Nature Wissenshanften, 68 (11): 572-573.
- Popp, F. A., Li, K., Gu. Q. (1992) Recent advances in biophoton research and its application, World scientific, 1-18.
- Popp, F. A., Quao, G., Ke-Hsuen, L. (1994) Biophoton emission: experimental background and theoretical approaches, Modern physics Letters B, 8 (21-22).
- Popp, F. A., Chang J.J., Herzog, A., Yan, Z., Yan, Y. (2002) Evidence of non-classical (squeezed) light in biological systems. Physics Letters A, 293(1-2): 98-102.
- Cohen, S., Popp, F.A. (1997) Biophoton emission of the human body. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology 40(2): 187-189.