Fritz Eichler (October 12, 1887 - January 16, 1971) was an Austrian archaeologist.
He was born in Graz, where he graduated in 1910, and studied in Berlin, England, Italy, Greece and Asia Minor, and was active from 1913 to 1933 as the antiquity collector at the Kunsthistorischen Museums, the Historical Art Museum in Vienna. From 1933 to 1935, he was the director of the antiquity collection. Before his retirement, he was the first director of the historic art museum from 1951 to 1952. He was a professor at classical archaeology at the University of Vienna. He teamed up with Otto Walter and became a director of the Österreichischen Archäologischen Instituts, the Austrian Archaeological Institute. He managed the excavations at Ephesus and took the institute at Athens. He excavated until 1961, he applied for the management of the OEAI until 1969. His research applied for antiques from the small art to the sculptures connected with Ephesus. He died in Vienna.
- Führer durch die Antikensammlung = Leader of the Collection of Antiques, 1926
- Die Skulpturen des Heraions von Argos = The Sculptures of the Heraions of Argos, in Jahreshefte des Österreichischen Archäologischen Instituts 19/29, 1929 p. 15
- Die Reliefs des Heroon von Gjölbaschi-Trysa = The reliefs of Heroon of Gjölbaschi-Trysa, 1950
- Kunsthistorisches Museum I, Die rotfigurigen attischen Trinkgefäße und Pyxiden = The red Attic drinking containers and Pyxis, 1951
- Die Bronzestatue aus Ephesos in verbesserter Wiederherstellung = The Bronze Statue from Ephesus in Improved Re-establishment in JbKS, Vienna, 1953, p. 15
- Kunsthistorisches Museum I, Rotfigurige attische Vorratsgefäße, 1959
- Nochmals die Sphinxgruppe von Ephesos, in Jahreshefte des Österreichischen Archäologischen Instituts 45, 1960, p. 5
- Zum Partherdenkmal von Ephesos in, 1971, p. 102
- R. Noll, AlmanachWien = Almanac Vienna 121 1971, p . 341 (with listings)
- E. Kunze, JbMunchen, 1972, p. 234
- R. Noll in Rienhard Lullies: Archäologenbildnisse = Portraits of an Archaeologist, Zabern, Mainz, 1988, p. 240
- G. Wlach 100 Jahre Österreichisches Archäologisches Institut 1898-1998 100 Years of the Austrian Archaeological Institute 1898-1998, Vienna, 1998, p. 115