|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Born||4 January 1895
|Died||3 November 1969 (aged 74)
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1914-1945|
|Battles/wars||World War I
World War II
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Fullriede was born in Bremen and fought in the First World War. As a Freikorps member after the war, he fought against Polish rebels in the Silesian Uprisings. Fullriede lived in Africa from 1924 to 1934. After returning to Germany, he reenlisted. Fullriede fought in the German invasion of Poland and on the Eastern Front. He served in the Afrika Korps, the Italian Campaign, defended against the Operation Market Garden, and then returned to the Eastern Front again. The last German commander of Festung Kolberg, Fullriede received the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves in 1945.
Fullriede was taken prisoner by the Americans. He was sentenced for 12 years for various crimes and released after serving four years. He emigrated to Africa but returned to Germany before his death in Bad Oldesloe.
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (25 August 1917)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (7 July 1941)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 1st Class (23 October 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1997, p. 186.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 189.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 100.
- Alman, Karl (1998). Ritterkreuzträger des Afrikakorps [Knight's Cross Bearers of the Afrika Korps] (in German). Rastatt, Germany: VPM Verlagsunion Pabel Moewig. ISBN 978-3-8118-1457-8.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2299-6.
|This biographical article related to the German Army is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|