Frog City Software
|Subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive|
|Founded||San Francisco, California, U.S. (1995)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Ted Spieth, Bill Spieth and Rachel Bernstein|
Tropico 2: Pirate Cove
|Website||www.frogcity.com (no longer online)|
In 2004 Frog City was bought by Gathering, which was itself bought by Take 2 Interactive in 2005.
Frog City was shut down in 2006; it was the fourth game development studio to be shut down by Take-Two Interactive during that year. In April of that year, veterans of Frog City including the founders Ted Spieth, Bill Spieth and Rachel Bernstein started a new game development studio called Sidecar Studios. In 2007 Sidecar Studios was closed.
In 2007 Bernstein joined Electronic Arts as a Senior Producer.
- Imperialism, 1997.
- Imperialism II: Age of Exploration, 1999.
- Trade Empires, 2001. - Used the AXVI game engine, initially designed for Pantheon.
- Tropico 2: Pirate Cove, 2003.
- Snow , 2005. - Strategy game about drug trafficking that was cancelled in 2006.
- Pantheon, 1998 - This game, which would use Frog City's new AXVI engine, was a RTS, role-playing video game about the Greek gods, but its development was cancelled in 2000.
|This Take Two Interactive-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|