Front Page Detective
|Front Page Detective|
|Directed by||Arnold Wester|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||46|
|Executive producer(s)||Jerry Fairbanks
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Jerry Fairbanks Productions|
|Original run||July 6, 1951– September 19, 1952|
Front Page Detective is an American crime drama series which aired on the DuMont Television Network on Fridays at 9:30pm ET from July 6, 1951 to September 19, 1952, with a few more episodes shown in 1953. The program was then in broadcast syndication for several years thereafter.
Front Page Detective stars Edmund Lowe as David Chase, a newspaper columnist who helps police solve especially difficult mysteries.  The title derived from a popular mystery magazine of the same name.
Unlike many other programs which aired on DuMont, the series was produced on film by an outside production company. A few episodes are available on DVD and online, usually as part of early TV compilations.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1951-52 United States network television schedule
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
- Front Page Detective at the Internet Movie Database
- List of episodes at CTVA
- DuMont historical website
|This article relating to a drama television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|