|Stable release||2.3.20 / March 10, 2014|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X|
|Available in||Multilingual (25)|
FrontAccounting is an open source web-based accounting software for small and medium enterprises, written in PHP, using MySQL. It allows Double-Entry Accounting and is integrated with modules that support most common business processes. FrontAccounting is multiuser, multilingual and multicurrency. It is part of Debian and Ubuntu Linux distributions, and a demo is available online. FrontAccounting started as WebERP fork, and its source code is available on SourceForge for download. In 2012 it passed the milestone of 100,000 downloads from Sourceforge. In 2013 Frontaccounting appeared on the list of InfoWorld's Bossie Awards - top picks in open source business applications, platforms, and middleware.  A number of language packs are available at SourceForge, some of which require further development.
FrontAccounting is provided with standard modules: Sales, Purchases, Items and Inventory, Manufacturing, Dimensions, Banking and General Ledger, and Setup. Its functionality is appropriate for small and medium companies for managing purchases, control their stock, issue offers, register orders and send invoices. It allows to configure several points of sale. Cash flow can easily be managed. Balance sheet drill-down and a number of ready-to-use reports provide a framework that can be suitable for many businesses. A simple API allows to connect it to other systems, like POS or CRM. The software is considered to be a free alternative to QuickBooks.
Frontaccounting is designed to be easily translated to other languages. Currently there are available 83 translations.
Partners are offering FrontAccounting in a Software-as-a-service model for following languages:
One of FrontAccounting partners - AntErp Solutions - released FrontAccounting Mobile Edition. It was released August 13, 2011 and is compatible with FrontAccounting versions 2.3.4, 2.3.5 and 2.3.6.
W3NextApps one of FrontAccounting third party developer -- released FrontAccounting Sales Ordering using Android + SMS 
Database & Web server
The source code is available on Sourceforge.net. Number of downloads exceed 150 000 to date.
- "FrontAccounting-Languages". sourceforge.net.
- "FrontAccounting in Debian". debian.org. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "frontaccounting package in Ubuntu". launchpad.net. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- "FrontAccounting demo". Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- "FrontAccounting forked from WebERP". xtronics.com. Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- "FrontAccounting source code". sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "FrontAccounting passed 100,000 downloads". Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- "Bossie Awards 2013: The best open source applications". infoworld.com. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "FrontAccounting language packs". sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "FrontAccounting Modules". Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "FrontAccounting API". Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "FrontAccounting an alternative to QuickBooks". techrepublic.com. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "FrontAccounting License model". Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "FrontAccounting Documentation". Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- "FrontAccounting partners". Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "Translations". frontaccounting.com. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- "FrontAccounting Online". Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "Accounting in Poland". Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "FrontAccounting Mobile Edition". Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "Sales Ordering using Android + SMS". Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Database & Web servers". Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "download statistics". Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- Official website, Documentation, and the Forum
- DIY: Manage your inventory in FrontAccounting - Step-by-step instructions
- Sourceforge.net Download
- FrontAccounting on the Open Source conference in Greece, 2011: Video, Slideshow
- FrontAccounting Connect (FaC): WordPress plugin used to Import active FrontAccounting ERP items into WordPress as individual posts
- FrontAccounting OpenVZ Template
- FrontAccounting Support Partners