- Fuchū, Tokyo, a city in Tokyo
- Fuchū, Hiroshima, a city in Hiroshima Prefecture
- Fuchū, Hiroshima (town), a town in Hiroshima Prefecture
- Fuchū-shuku, a former post station on the Tōkaidō
- Fuchū-shuku, a former post station on the Kōshū Kaidō
Japan tries to avoid multiple cities with the same name in order to prevent administrative mistakes due to confusion. There are only two cases of cities in Japan with the same name: Fuchū, Hiroshima and Fuchū, Tokyo; and Date, Hokkaidō and Date, Fukushima. Fuchū means capital of a province. According to the provisions of the 8th-century Ritsuryō system, there was a Fuchū in every administrative province. The place-name Fuchū remains in many areas of Japan.
- Fuchū, Toyama (婦中?), a former town (1889–2005) in Toyama Prefecture, Japan, which is now a district in Toyama City
|This disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.