|Chocolate cake, fudge|
|Cookbook:Fudge cake Fudge cake|
"This recipe is also known as "Death by Chocolate, as it contains a considerible amount of chocolate, if topped with chocolate ice cream and lashings of whipped cream." In addition to Death By Chocolate, the many variations include pudding fudge cake, made with chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, and chocolate chips.
Alternatively, "fudge cake" is a term in the American South to refer to a dense, single-layer chocolate cake served with or without icing. It is similar to a brownie, although moister with more chocolate.
- Cadbury.co.uk - Chocolate Treats - American Fudge Cake
- See generally, The Memphis Cookbook, Junior League of Memphis Cookbook, Memphis, TN(1952), By the Board, Ladies Hermitage Association, Nashville, TN (1973)
- Fudge cake recipe from Cadbury.co.uk
- "Tunnel of Fudge Cake" recipe from Pillsbury
- "Tunnel-Of-Fudge" recipe from The New York Times