A chocolate fudge cake
|Chocolate cake, fudge|
|Recipes at Wikibooks:|
|Media at Wikimedia Commons:|
"This recipe is also known as "Death by Chocolate, as it contains a considerible amount of chocolate, if topped with chocolate ice cream and lashings of whipped cream." In addition to Death By Chocolate, the many variations include pudding fudge cake, made with chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, and chocolate chips.
Alternatively, "fudge cake" is a term in the American South to refer to a dense, single-layer chocolate cake served with or without icing. It is similar to a brownie, although moister with more chocolate.
One could say fudge cake is very similar to red velvet cake. Fudge cake is not the size of a full-sized chocolate cake, so is more like a pastry. It is also similar to a brownie, as both have dense, chocolaty tastes.
- Cadbury.co.uk - Chocolate Treats - American Fudge Cake
- See generally, The Memphis Cookbook, Junior League of Memphis Cookbook, Memphis, TN(1952), By the Board, Ladies Hermitage Association, Nashville, TN (1973)
- www.fudgecake.org Fudge Cake Information
- Fudge cake recipe from Cadbury.co.uk
- "Tunnel of Fudge Cake" recipe from Pillsbury
- "Tunnel-Of-Fudge" recipe from The New York Times