|Traded as||Euronext: FUR|
|Industry||Energy, geomatics, engineering|
|Key people||Mr. P. van Riel (Chairman of the Board of Management/CEO)
Mr. H.L.J. Noy (Chairman of the supervisory board)
|Products||Geotechnical, geomatics, surveying, subsea and geoscience services|
|Revenue||€2.424 billion (2013)|
|Operating income||€267 million (2013)|
|Profit||€219 million (2013)|
|Total assets||€3.631 billion (2013)|
|Total equity||€2.111 billion (2013)|
|Employees||12,591 (end 2013)|
Fugro provides geotechnical, survey and geoscience services to oil and gas, renewable energy, building and infrastructure, mining, and public sector industries. Fugro employs approximately 12,500 employees in over sixty countries.
The Starfix and Skyfix DGNSS systems are operated by Fugro, and provide correction information to GPS and GLONASS navigation and survey systems. These systems are also called Seastar (for dynamic positioning) and Omnistar (for land).
Fugro was founded in 1962 under the name Ingenieursbureau voor Funderingstechniek en Grondmechanica FUGRO. In April 1992, Fugro was indexed on the Amsterdam Stock exchange. In 2003, Fugro bought Thales GeoSolutions for €147.5m. In September 2012, CGGVeritas acquired Fugro’s Geoscience Division for €1.2 billion.
Fugro is divided into three major business lines across five regions. Each region is assigned a regional manager, who works with counterparts to develop regional strategies and improve collaboration across the regional lines. This regional model is intended to deliver a standard approach to practices such as quality, health, safety, security, environment, project management, finance, etc.
- Middle East and India
- Asia, Pacific and Australia
- Geotechnical Engineering - engineering analysis and consulting on the properties of rocks, soil and water onshore and offshore
- Survey - AUV, marine construction support, geophysical survey, meteorology, aerial mapping, positioning, survey vessels, oceanography, satellite mapping, terrestrial surveys, hydrography
- Subsea - subsea inspection, repair, ROV, subsea engineering
- Geoscience - Seabed GeoSolutions: a joint venture with CGG
- MV Fugro Equator (delivered 2012)
- 1964 - Electric cone penetration
- 1976 - WISON/WIP XP cone penetration test
- 1986 - Starfix satellite positioning
- 2012 - Inclinocam
- "Fugro Annual Report 2013 (interactive website)". Fugro N.V.
- "Fugro Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Fugro N.V.
- "Mission and Profile". Fugro. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Company profile – Fugro". NYSE Euronext. 27 September 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Fugro set to acquire Thales GeoSolutions?, Dredging News Online, 25 July 2003
- Transforming CGGVeritas into a Leading Integrated Geoscience Company, CGGVeritas.com, 24 September 2012
- "Team Fugro". Fugro, NV. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Capital Markets Day 2013". Fugro, NV. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Rainey, Scott. "Highlights Geotechnical Division, 2013". Fugro, NV. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Heine, Mark. "Highlights Survey Division, 2013". Fugro, NV. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Thomson, Steve. "Highlights Subsea Division, 2013". Fugro, NV. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Mayne, Paul (2007). Cone Penetration Testing. Transportation Research Board. p. 13. ISBN 9780309097840.
- "Cone Penetrometer Comparison Testing". Wisconsin DOT.
- Roy E, Hunt (2012). Geotechnical Investigation Methods. ISBN 9781420042740.
- "WISON/WIP XP".
- O'Boyle, Edward J. (1988). Personalist Economics: Moral Convictions, Economic Realities, and Social Actions. Springer US. p. 92. ISBN 0792381467.
- "STARFIX: commercial satellite positioning". IEEE.
- "CrossSECTION 23".
|This Dutch corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|