The Fujifilm X-Series range of digital cameras consists of Fujifilm's high-end digital cameras and is aimed at professional and keen enthusiast photographers. It is part of the larger range of Fujifilm's digital cameras. X-Series itself is not characterized by a single common sensor size, technology or a lens format. Rather, its main differentiating feature is emphasis on the controls needed by an advanced digital camera user.
|Lens mount||Fujifilm X-mount|
In chronological order, here is the set of cameras and camera bodies released by Fujifilm as a part of X series:
- Fujifilm X100: prime lens digital camera that uses a custom APS-C sized CMOS sensor and Hybrid Viewfinder, and fixed 23mm F2.0 Fujinon lens. Announced at Photokina, September 20, 2010, the X100 launched globally in March 2011. It was succeeded by Fujifilm X100S in 2013.
- Fujifilm X10: advanced compact featuring a 2/3-inch 12-megapixel EXR-CMOS sensor and a high-definition F2.0 wide-angle and F2.8 telephoto Fujinon 4x manual zoom lens (28-112mm). Announced September 1, 2011. Succeeded by Fujifilm X20.
- Fujifilm X-S1: advanced enthusiasts camera built around the same 2/3-inch 12-megapixel EXR-CMOS sensor as the X10 compact. It has a fixed 26X zoom providing range equivalent to 24-624mm at F2.8-5.6 aperture. Announced November 24, 2011.
- Fujifilm X-Pro1: Mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera that uses the "X-Trans CMOS" sensor and the Fujifilm XF-mount system of lenses. It was announced in January 10, 2012, and launched in March 2012.
- Fujifilm X-E1: Mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera which is a slimmed-down version of X-Pro1. The modifications include removal of expensive hybrid finder replaced by an upgraded electronic viewfinder. New EVF uses a 2.36M dot OLED unit, out-speccing the X-Pro1's 1.44M dot LCD finder. It was announced on September 6, 2012.
- Fujifilm XF1: enthusiasts compact camera featuring 2/3-inch EXR-CMOS sensor and Fujinon F1.8 lens with a 4× optical zoom (25mm-100m equivalent). It was announced on September 17, 2012.
- Fujifilm X20: is an the replacement of X10 enthusiast compact camera featuring 2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II sensor, EXR Processor II and a new advanced optical viewfinder. It was announced on January 7, 2013. Succeeded by Fujifilm X30.
- Fujifilm X100S: a redesigned version of the X100 with new sensor-based phase detection, same sensor as Fujifilm X-E2. It was announced January 7, 2013.
- Fujifilm X-M1: announced June 25, 2013.
- Fujifilm X-A1: the most affordable interchangeable lens camera in the lineup, without X-Trans sensor, announced on September 17, 2013
- Fujifilm X-E2: successor to the X-E1, featuring X-Trans CMOS II sensor, larger (3") screen with higher resolution (1.04 M), Digital Split Image technology, Wi-Fi. Announced on October 18, 2013.
- Fujifilm XQ1: "premium compact camera," featuring X-Trans CMOS II sensor. Announced on October 18, 2013.
- Fujifilm X-T1: a new camera with a weather-sealed body featuring X-Trans CMOS II sensor and tilting LCD screen. It was announced on January 27, 2014. Also the first X-series camera with an optional battery grip, and the first camera from any manufacturer to fully support UHS-II SD cards.
- Fujifilm X30. Successor to the X20. Announced August 26, 2014.
- Fujifilm X100T. Successor to the X100S. Announced September 10, 2014.
Fuji X-mount lenses
|The 35mm Fujifilm X-mount|
These lenses by Fuji are currently available for X-series interchangeable lens bodies:
- Fujinon XF14mm F2.8 R 14mm focal length (21mm equivalent) F2.8-F22 aperture
- Fujinon XF18mm F2 R 18mm focal length (27mm equivalent) F2.0-F16 aperture
- Fujinon XF23mm F1.4 R 23mm focal length (35mm equivalent) F1.4-F16 aperture
- Fujinon XF27mm F2.8  27mm focal length (41mm equivalent).
- Fujinon XF35mm F1.4 R 35mm focal length (53mm equivalent) F1.4-F16 aperture
- Fujinon XF56mm F1.2 R 56mm focal length (85mm equivalent) F1.2-F16 aperture
- Fujinon XF56mm F1.2 R APD 56mm focal length (85mm equivalent) F1.2-F16 aperture with apodization filter for smooth bokeh
- Fujinon XF60mm F2.4 R Macro 60mm focal length (91mm equivalent) F2.4-F22 aperture
- Fujinon XF10-24mm F4 R OIS
- Fujinon XF18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS 18-55mm focal length (27-83mm equivalent) (F2.8-F4)-F22 aperture
- Fujinon XF55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R OIS 55-200mm focal length (83-300mm equivalent)
- Fujinon XC16-50mm OIS  16-50 focal length (24-75mm equivalent).
Weather-resistant lenses for Fuji X-series (all forthcoming):
- 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6
- 16-55mm f/2.8
- 50-140mm f/2.8
Additional lenses appear on Fuji X-series roadmap: from Zeiss see section below.
Third party X-mount lenses
These lenses have been officially announced by manufacturers:
- Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 12mm F2.8. It was announced Sep 18 2012.
- Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 32mm F1.8. It was announced Sep 18 2012.
- Rokinon UMC Aspherical and Samyang 8mm f/2.8 Fisheye lenses.
- Samyang 300mm F6.3 Reflex ED UMC CS. It was announced June 13, 2013.
- Samyang 16mm F2.0 ED AS UMC CS. It was announced June 13, 2013.
The following lens appears on the official fuji roadmap:
- Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/50 50mm F2.8 Makro-Planar
- M Mount Adaptor allows the use of a wide variety of M Mount lenses on X Mount camera bodies. Adapter provides a way to set the focal length of the lens which will appear in image EXF info, and correct for common color shift and vignetting problems when using M-mount lenses on digital cameras.
- Wide Conversion Lens WCL-X100 converts the X100 fixed lens from 23mm (35mm in 135 equivalent) fixed focal length to a 19mm wide angle (28mm in 135 equivalent).
- Fujifilm EF-X20 Shoe-Mount Flash a dedicated TTL flash with 20mm equivalent angle using the built-in defuser. Guide number 20' (6.1 m) ISO100 at 50mm position.
- Fujifilm Hand Grip HG-XPro1
- Fujifilm Leather Softcase
- FujiFilm X-Series range of digital cameras
- FUJIFILM announces development of Digital Camera FinePix X100. FUJIFILM Corporation. 2010-09-20. Retrieved on 2013-11-06.
- The X10 — a premium compact camera sets new standard of style and quality for digital photography. FUJIFILM Corporation. 2011-09-01. Retrieved on 2013-11-06.
- FUJIFILM X-S1 — Join the X family with a power of Super Zoom. FUJIFILM Corporation. 2011-11-24. Retrieved on 2013-11-06.
- Premium interchangeable lens camera from Fujifilm — FUJIFILM X-Pro1. FUJIFILM Corporation. 2012-01-10. Retrieved on 2013-11-06.
- Fujifilm launches the second X Series interchangeable-lens camera, with image quality comparable to 35mm full frame D-SLR sensorsThe FUJIFILM X-E1 Premium interchangeable-lens camera. FUJIFILM Corporation. 2012-09-06. Retrieved on 2013-11-06.
- XF1 premium quality in stylish body. FUJIFILM Corporation. 2012-09-17. Retrieved on 2013-11-06.
- The NEW FUJIFILM X20 reconnects style with substance, bringing the essence of photography back to life. FUJIFILM Corporation. 2013-01-07. Retrieved on 2013-11-06.
- The FUJIFILM X100S: Fujifilm launches a high-speed successor to the X100 with the world's fastest AF of 0.08 seconds. FUJIFILM Corporation. 2013-01-07. Retrieved on 2013-11-06.
- Fujifilm launches the X-M1: a compact and lightweight premium interchangeable-lens camera with the same APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor as the X-Pro1. FUJIFILM Corporation. 2013-06-25. Retrieved on 2013-11-06.
- Fujifilm launches the FUJIFILM X-A1: a compact and stylish FUJIFILM X entry-level interchangeable-lens camera with a large APS-C CMOS sensor and EXR Processor II. FUJIFILM Corporation. 2013-09-17. Retrieved on 2013-11-06.
- Fujifilm announces the new FUJIFILM X-E2 interchangeable lens camera. FUJIFILM Corporation. 2013-10-18. Retrieved on 2013-11-06.
- Fujifilm announces the new FUJIFILM XQ1 premium compact camera. FUJIFILM Corporation. 2013-10-18. Retrieved on 2013-12-10.
- Keller, Jeff (January 2014). "Fujifilm X-T1 First Impressions Review". Digital Photography Review. Retrieved February 21, 2014.
- Fujinon XF14mmF2.8 R Lens : Overview
- Fujinon XF18mmF2 R Lens : Overview
- http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujinon_lens_xf27mmf28/ Fujinon XF27
- Fujinon XF35mmF1.4 R Lens : Overview
- Fujinon XF60mmF2.4 R Macro Lens : Overview
- Fujinon XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS Lens : Overview
- Fujinon XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS Lens : Overview
- http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujinon_lens_xc16_50mmf35_56_ois/ Fujinon XC16-50mm
- Zach Honig (January 27, 2014). "Fujifilm's weather-resistant X-T1 camera ships next month for $1,300".
- Current Fuji XF roadmap
- Carl Zeiss 2.8/12 : Overview
- Carl Zeiss 1.8/32 : Overview
- Rokinon 8mm Specs
- 16mm F2.0 Press Release
- 300mm F6.3 Press Release
- Current Fuji XF roadmap
- M Mount Adaptor : Overview
- Wide Conversion Lens WCL-X100 : Overview
- Fujifilm EF-X20
- Fujifilm HG-XPro1 Handgrip
- Fuji Leather Case