Fujiwara no Momokawa
|Fujiwara no Momokawa|
|Died||28 August 779 (aged 46–47)|
|Heir||Fujiwara no Otsugu|
|Spouse(s)||Fujiwara no Moroane|
|Parents||Fujiwara no Umakai (father)
Kume no Wakame (mother)
Career at court
- 770 (Jingo-keiun 4, 8th month): When Empress Shōtoku died without having named an heir, Momokawa was influential in the process which led to the enthronement of Emperor Kōnin.
- 773 (Hōki 4): Sangi Momokawa was chief advocate for Daigaku-no-kami Yamabe-shinnō, who was named Crown Prince and heir of Kōnin.
- August 28, 779 (Hōki 10, 7th month): Momkawa died at age 48.
Momokawa married Fujiwara no Moroane, daughter of Fujiwara no Yoshitsugu, a noble during the Nara period. His children included two sons: Fujiwara no Otsugu (774-843), Fujiwara no Tsugunari (779-842). His daughters were Fujiwara no Tabiko (759-788), and Fujiwara no Tarashiko (?-794).
Tarashiko was the wife of Emperor Heizei. She died in 794 during the moving of the imperial capital to Heian-kyō. In 806, she received the posthumous title of kōgō when Emperor Heizei was enthroned.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Fujiwara no Momokawa" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 206, p. 206, at Google Books.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japon, p. 81., p. 81, at Google Books.
- Ponsonby-Fane, Richard. (1959). The Imperial Family, pp. 60-61.
- Titsingh, pp. 82-83., p. 82, at Google Books; Ponsonby-Fane, p. 317.
- Titsingh, p. 84., p. 84, at Google Books
- Titsingh, pp. 83-84., p. 83, at Google Books
- Titsingh, pp. 88., p. 88, at Google Books
- Titsingh, p. 88., p. 88, at Google Books.
- Titsingh, p. 103., p. 103, at Google Books.
- Ponsonby-Fane, p. 318.
- Kanō, Shigefumi. "Fujiwara no Momokawa" in Jōshidai Kokubun (『女子大国文』) (volume 111, 1992)
- Kimoto, Yoshinobu. "Fujiwara no Momokawa" in Fujiwara Shikike Kanjin no Kōsatsu (『藤原式家官人の考察』) (Takashina Shoten, 1998)
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric and Käthe Roth. (2005). Japan encyclopedia. Cambridge: Harvard University Press. 10-ISBN 0-674-01753-6; 13-ISBN 978-0-674-01753-5; OCLC 58053128
- Ponsonby-Fane, Richard Arthur Brabazon. (1959). The Imperial House of Japan. Kyoto: Ponsonby Memorial Society. OCLC 194887
- Takinami, Sadako. "Fujiwara no Nagate and Fujiwara no Momokawa" (「藤原永手と藤原百川」 Fujiwara no Nagate to Fujiwara no Momokawa ) in Research on Court Society in Ancient Japan (『日本古代宮廷社会の研究』 Nihon Kodai Kyūtei Shakai no Kenkyū ) (Shibunkaku, November 1991, ISBN 4-7842-0677-9)
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du Japon (Nihon Odai Ichiran). Paris: Royal Asiatic Society, Oriental Translation Fund of Great Britain and Ireland. OCLC 5850691