Fukui Station (Fukui)
|JR Fukui Station building|
(See other stations in Fukui)
|Neighborhood etc.||1-1-1 Chūō|
|Line(s)||Hokuriku Main Line, Etsumi-Hoku Line
Katsuyama Eiheiji Line, Mikuni Awara Line
|Major bus terminal(s) attached to the station|
Fukui Station (福井駅 Fukui-eki?) is a railway station in Fukui, Fukui, Japan, operated by West Japan Railway Company (JR West) and the private railway operator Echizen Railway. Fukui-Ekimae Station on the Fukui Railway Fukubu Line is located approximately 150 meters to the west.
Fukui Station is served by the following railway companies and lines:
- JR West
- Echizen Railway
The JR West station has a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office.
The JR West station consists of two island platforms and five tracks located in the above-ground portion of Fukui Station.
|1||■Hokuriku Main Line||Limited Express Raichō, Thunderbird for Kanazawa, Toyama, and Wakuraonsen|
|■Hokuriku Main Line||Limited Express Shirasagi for Awaraonsen, Kanazawa, Toyama, Wakuraonsen|
|■Hokuriku Main Line||Sleeper Limited Express Nihonkai, Twilight Express for Aomori and Sapporo|
|■Hokuriku Main Line||Local trains for Awaraonsen, Kanazawa, and Toyama|
|2||■Etsumi-Hoku Line||for Echizen-Ōno and Kuzuryūko|
|3||■Hokuriku Main Line||for Awaraonsen, Kanazawa, and Toyama (Local services)|
|4||■Hokuriku Main Line||for Takefu and Tsuruga (Special Rapid services)|
|5||■Hokuriku Main Line||Limited Express Raichō, Thunderbird for Osaka|
|■Hokuriku Main Line||Limited Express Shirasagi for Maibara and Nagoya|
|■Hokuriku Main Line||Sleeper Limited Express Nihonkai, Twilight Express for Osaka|
The Echizen Railway has two tracks serving one island platform located in a separate building east of JR Fukui Station.
|1||■Mikuni Awara Line||for Nishi-Nagata and Mikuni-Minato|
|2||■Katsuyama Eiheiji Line||for Eiheijiguchi and Katsuyama|
|Hokuriku Main Line|
|Echizen Railway Mikuni-Awara Line|
|Echizen Railway Katsuyama-Eiheiji Line|
JR Fukui Station
What is now the JR West station opened on 15 July 1896.
On 18 April 2005 a new station building and "Prism Fukui" shopping mall opened.
Echizen Railway Fukui Station
- 21 September 1929: Kyoto Dentō Echizen Electric Railway Line Fukui Station opens.
- 2 March 1942: Station becomes part of the Keifuku Electric Railroad Company; line renamed Echizen Main Line.
- 2 February 2003: Station becomes part of the Echizen Railway Company.
- 20 July 2003: Train service restored.
- Fukui-Ekimae Station (Fukui Railway)
- Former site of Fukui Castle, now home to the Fukui Prefectural Government Building and Fukui Prefectural Police Department Headquarters
- Fukui City Hall
- NHK Fukui Broadcasting Station
- Fukui Broadcasting Hall
- Fukui International Activities Plaza
- Fukui District Court
- Fukui District Prosecutor's Office
- Fukui Tax Office
- Fukui Chamber of Commerce
- Asuwayama Park
- Echizen Railway Fukui Station
- AOSSA building, home to the Fukui Prefectural Civic Hall and Fukui Municipal Sakuragi Library
- Wel City Fukui (Fukui Employee's Pension Hall)
- Fukui Prefectural Koshi High School
- Fukui Municipal Baseball Stadium
- Fukui Local Meteorological Observatory
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fukui Station (Fukui).|