Fukushima Station (Fukushima)
- This is about the railway station in Fukushima City. For the nuclear power plants in eastern Fukushima Prefecture, see Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant and Fukushima II Nuclear Power Plant.
|West side of Fukushima Station|
(See other stations in Fukushima)
Tōhoku Main Line
Ōu Main Line
Abukuma Express Line
- JR East
- Fukushima Transportation
The station is separated into an east and a west section. Within the area after entering the ticket gates, the opposite sections of the station are accessible via a pedestrian tunnel that runs over the tracks. Outside of the ticketed area, pedestrians must use an underground tunnel to access the opposite section. Cyclists and other vehicles must utilize the bridges to either the north or south of the station.
All lines, except for the Abukuma Express Line and the Iizaka Line, are accessible through the main entrance of the East or West sections of the station. The Abukuma Express Line and the Iizaka Line have a separate entrance on the Northeast side of the station.
Nippon Railway opened Fukushima Station and the railway between Kōriyama Station and Shiogama Station (later called Shiogamakō Station) on December 15, 1887. This railway was later nationalized and named the Tōhoku Main Line. The government railways opened the railway, later named the Ōu Main Line, between Fukushima Station and Yonezawa Station on May 15, 1899. The Iizaka Line was opened on April 13, 1924 by Fukushima Iizaka Electric Tramway (福島飯坂電気軌道 Fukushima Iizaka Denki Kidō?). The Tōhoku Shinkansen opened on June 23, 1982 and the Abukuma Express Line opened on July 1, 1988.
The through service between the Tōhoku Shinkansen and the Ōu Main Line, under the name Yamagata Shinkansen, began on July 1, 1992.
|Through to Tōhoku Shinkansen||-||Yonezawa|
|Tōhoku Main Line|
|Ōu Main Line|
|Abukuma Express Line|
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 402, vol. II. ISBN 4533029809.
- Ishino, supra, p. 527
- 飯坂電車の歴史 (in Japanese). Fukushima Transportation. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- Ishino, supra, pp. 424, 472
- "JR東日本7月1日ダイヤ改正". Japan Railfan Magazine (No. 377, September 1992).
Media related to Fukushima Station (Fukushima) at Wikimedia Commons