Full Moon, Dirty Hearts
|Full Moon, Dirty Hearts|
|Studio album by INXS|
|Released||2 November 1993|
|Recorded||November 1992 – October 1993 at Capri Studio, Capri|
East West Records
|Producer||Mark Opitz & INXS|
|Singles from Full Moon, Dirty Hearts|
Full Moon, Dirty Hearts is an album released by Australian band INXS in 1993, through Warner Music Australia. It was the band's ninth album, and was followed by the Dirty Honeymoon world tour of 1993–1994.
Recording and production
The album was written soon after the release and promotion of the band's previous album, Welcome to Wherever You Are, at the end of November 1992. The album was recorded and produced at Capri Studio on the Isle of Capri in Italy and completed in February 1993. The Capri Studio had just reopened during the recording of "Welcome to Wherever You Are" and after spotting an ad for it in a trade magazine, Michael Hutchence and producer Mark Opitz insisted that the band should record their next record there. Before breaking for the Christmas holidays, the band managed to get half of the album completed. Michael returned to his estate in France, later joining Andrew Farriss in London to write the last remaining songs for the album. The mixing of the album was completed in July while the band were touring some of the new songs on their Get Out of the House tour throughout the spring and summer.
Reception and release
Following the positive response to the sold-out UK Get Out of the House Tour in 1993, Full Moon, Dirty Hearts received mixed reviews on its release. At the time, the band had been hyping up their new-found raw and "grungy" sound. The album's release marked a steep downturn in terms of sales, with the issue of only two singles worldwide: "The Gift" and "Please (You Got That ...)".
|1.||"Days of Rust"||3:09|
|2.||"The Gift"||Jon Farriss, Hutchence||4:04|
|3.||"Make Your Peace"||2:41|
|5.||"I'm Only Looking"||3:31|
|6.||"Please (You Got That ...)" (featuring Ray Charles)||3:02|
|7.||"Full Moon, Dirty Hearts" (featuring Chrissie Hynde)||3:29|
|9.||"Kill the Pain"||2:57|
|10.||"Cut Your Roses Down"||3:28|
|13.||"Born to Be Wild" (Bonus track on Japanese edition)||Mars Bonfire||3:48|
- Garry Gary Beers – bass guitar
- Andrew Farriss – keyboards, guitar
- Jon Farriss – percussion, drums
- Tim Farriss – guitar
- Michael Hutchence – vocals
- Kirk Pengilly – guitar, saxophone, vocals
- "Full Moon Dirty Hearts". INXS.com. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
Full Moon, Dirty Hearts, the band's tenth album
- Savage, Mark (2 September 2008). "Entertainment | Absolute Radio loses its virginity". BBC News. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Capri Studio". Capri Studio. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Full Moon, Dirty Hearts". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Q Magazine | Music news & reviews, music videos, band pictures & interviews". Qthemusic.com. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine". Web.archive.org. 16 May 2008. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- Brackett, Nathan; Hoard, Christian, eds. (2004). The New Rolling Stone Album Guide. Simon & Schuster. p. 406. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8.
- Andy Gill (4 November 1993). "ALBUMS / Do the don't be a lemming polka - Arts & Entertainment". The Independent. Retrieved 2012-02-17.