||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2013)|
Fulltiming is a term used among motorhome individuals and families who live "full-time" in their motorhome or RV. Such mobile individuals are often called fulltimers. Fulltiming is a world-wide activity, and there are many bloggers who record their day-to-day life on the road. The term has been discussed in publications since around 1993.
Many are retired and just looking to do something different and see the world, but it is becoming increasingly common for young families to live, work and school from their home on wheels. This has led to a lot of home schooling.
Individual fulltimers can live extremely different lifestyles. Some may choose to move their RV from one high dollar camping resort to another. Some might volunteer or workcamp in order to trade labor for a campsite. Others might live completely off the grid and boondock (also known as "dry camp") full-time, in the UK this is known as "wildcamping" or better still "wildparking"
Fulltiming is also becoming a popular way for single people and families to get a start in something that they own and avoid renting. Many people park their RV in one place and use it as a permanent residence. These are only examples, there is no set lifestyle to be a fulltimer. It is a loose term.
There are organizations that represent people who choose this alternative lifestyle: in the US, see the Escapees Club (escapees.com); in the UK, see the Motorhome Fulltimers Association (motorhome365.com).
- Moeller, Bill; Moeller, Jan (1998). Complete Guide to Full-Time RVing: Life on the Open Road. Trailer Life Books. ISBN 978-0934798532.
- Maxwell, Gaylord (1993). Fulltiming: An Introduction to Full-Time Rving. Gaylord Maxwell. ISBN 978-0962915307.
- Hofmeister, Ron (1998). Movin' on: Living and Traveling Full-Time in a Recreational Vehicle. R&B Publications (OH). ISBN 978-0963731913.
|last2=in Authors list (help)
- Ethridge, Joy (2007). Yes, You Can: Full-Time RVing for the Single Person. Lulu.com. ISBN 9781430312840.
- Bernhagen, Stephanie (2000). Take Back Your Life!: Travel Full-Time in an RV. Bernham-Collins. ISBN 0970026307.