From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up functional in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Generally, functional refers to something able to fulfill its purpose or function.
- Functionalism and Functional form, movements in architectural design
- Functional group, certain atomic combinations that occur in various molecules, e.g. carbonyl, amine
- Functional symptom, functional disorder, sometimes used in medicine to describe symptoms and conditions that have no current visible organic basis
- Functional classification, a classification system for roads in the United States.
- Functional organization, a type of organization structure
- Functional (mathematics), a term applied to certain scalar-valued functions in mathematics and computer science.
- Higher-order function, also called a functional, a function that takes other functions as arguments
In computer science, software engineering
- Functional design, a paradigm used to simplify the design of hardware and software devices
- Functional model, a structured representation of functions, activities or processes in systems and software engineering
- Functional programming, a programming paradigm based on mathematical functions rather than changes in variable states
- In an ontology, "functional" is a property or relation that can only hold a single value for a given individual
- All pages with titles containing "Functional"
- Function (disambiguation)
- Functionalism (disambiguation)
- Functional group (disambiguation)
- Functional grammar (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.