|Slogan||Change a Life. For Good.|
|Type of site||Crowdfunding|
|Launched||1 September 2009|
FundRazr is a Canadian crowdfunding site and Facebook app first released in 2009. It allows users to set up crowdfunding pages and/or embed fundraising apps on their Facebook pages to raise money for a variety of causes such as medical care, memorials, and animal rescue causes.  Tens of millions of dollars have been raised from over 40,000 fundraising campaigns.
FundRazr was founded in 2008 by Daryl Hatton. The head office is located in Vancouver, Canada. The platform was initially a Facebook app that allowed users to crowdfund money over Facebook. It has since developed into a full crowdfunding site.
FundRazr uses the donation/perks crowdfunding model, where users keep everything they raise minus the 5% transaction fee.  A fee is not charged if no fund is raised. FundRazr allows users to create a campaign page for their cause. The page can then be shared through social media, email or embedded onto a third-party website to solicit donations from supporters. Supporters contribute to a cause through comments, shares, likes, and donations, which are all visible on Facebook.  FundRazr is in partnership with PayPal which allow users to deposit and withdraw funding in real time. On August 20, 2013, FundRazr introduced Crowdfunding as a Service Technology as PoweredBy FundRazr, which allowed web publishers and companies to run crowdfunding service on their site.  FundRazr subsequently announced its first official PoweredBy partner, HealthLine on Dec 17th, 2013.  FundRazr announced on Sept.12, 2013 that it was selected as the preferred fundraising platform for Season 1 of the upcoming TV series, the Crowd Funder show, which launches September 22nd, 2013 on FOX affiliate WUTV.The weekly show will feature 6 FundRazr projects each episode and provide insights into the projects. 
As of 2013, illness, medical and health-related causes represent 58% of money raised. Memorials/tributes represents another 12%. On February 28 of 2013, Fundrazr announced that it had raised $20 million for its users. On May 21st of 2013, FundRazr announced that it had raised $25 million from 37,000 campaigns.   As of Dec 18, 2013, FundRazr has raised $40 million. 
- 2013 UK Trade and Investment Global Competition Winner 
- 2013 BCTIA Technology Impact Award - Most Promising Start-up 
- 2013 Vancouver Social Media Award - Best Social Media Campaign (non-profit) 
|Rank||Total raised||Project start||Project description|
|1||$1,007,356||March 2012||Professional Gamer Athene's project Operation Sharecraft raises over $1 Million (including a matching grant of $500,000 from DC Entertainment) for East African Relief by Save the Children.|
|2||$414,869||July 2011||Wikileaks Staff Legal Defence Team raises £233,650 as of Nov. 7th, 2013 for Wikileaks staff costs and Julian Assange's legal defence.|
|3||$402,184||April 2013||Over $400,000 raised for world's largest open-source science project to understand the microbial diversity of the Global Gut. 1695 contributions.|
|4||$107,742||November 2013||Over $100,000 raised for Australian King Hit victim. |
|5||$103,034||December 2013||Over $100,000 raised for father with incurable brain cancer |
|6||$103,014||August 2013||Wikileaks Staff Legal Defence Team raises $63,969 as of Nov. 7th, 2013 for Edward Snowden's legal defence |
|7||$97,969||July 2013||Almost $90,000 raised for single mother who lost 3 limbs in a dog bite accident  |
|8||$93,402||April 2012||Over $90,000 raised for Tiger Woods' foundation to send 10 deserving students to college |
|9||$28,718||October 2013||Over $27,000 raised for internet viral,craiglist pitbull. |
- Ivor Tossell, “FundRazr pushes crowdfunding to next level with social platform”, The Globe and Mail, 7 October 2013.
- Mike Hager, “Entrepreneurial minds meet at Sprout Up”, The Vancouver Sun, 3 October 2012.
- Knowlton Thomas, “Exclusive Interview: Vancouver's FundRazr raises the bar with monumental PayPal and Facebook collaboration” Techvibes, 8 August 2010.
- Stephen Hui, “Vancouver startups put a new spin on crowdfunding”, Straight.com, 27 November 2012
- Nelson Bennett, “Social media harnessed to raise investment dollars”, Business Vancouver, 24 July 2012
- Kate Taylor, “6 Top Crowdfunding Websites: Which One Is Right For Your Project?”, Forbes, 6 August 2013.
- “Exclusive Interview: Vancouver's FundRazr raises the bar with monumental PayPal and Facebook collaboration” Knowlton Thomas, Techvibes, 8 August 2010.
- Rob Lewis, “FundRazr Introduces Crowdfunding as a Service” Rob Lewis, Techvibes, 20 August 2013.
- Joseph Czikk , “VANCOUVER’S FUNDRAZR TO HELP AMERICANS CROWDFUND HEALTHCARE COSTS” Joseph Czikk, Betakit, 17 December 2013.
- “FundRazr Wins TV Show Nod”, Yahoo!, 12 September 2013.
- <Sumari MacLeod, "Vancouver's Fundrazr Hits $20 Million in Donations", Techvibes,28 February 2013
- <Cheryl Alkon, "'Crowdfunding' sites pay medical bills, raise hopes", USA Today, 18 January 2013
- Lauren Dugan, “PayPal Makes Online Fundraising a Social Experience with FundRazr”, SocialTimes, 19 August 2010
- Hansen, Evan; Tate, Ryan (11.01.12). "Can Facebook Army Supercharge Nonprofit Fundraising? First Test: Sandy". Wired (magazine). Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- <Dianne Buckner, "Crowdfunding websites trying to cash in on crowded field", CBC,18 June 2013
- <Charles Luzar, "FundRazr: $25 Million Raised For 37,000 Crowdfunding Campaigns Since 2010", Crowdfund Insider,21 May 2013
- <Candace So, "FundRazr kicks off ‘crowdfunding as a service", ITBusiness,18 December 2013
- <Kate Taylor, "6 Top Crowdfunding Websites Which One Is Right For Your Project", Frobes,06 August 2013
- <"Canadian innovation heads to the UK", GOV.UK,12 July 2013
- <Cassandra Leger, "FundRazr Crowdfunding Platform Named Most Promising Startup At The Technology Impact Awards", Right Startups ,10 July 2013
- <Sumari MacLeod, "http://www.techvibes.com/blog/the-good-and-the-bad-of-the-2013-vancouver-social-media-awards-2013-04-01", Techvibes ,1 April 2013
- Kate Cox, “Gaming Provocateur Aiming to Raise $1 Million for Humanitarian Aid”, Kotaku, 27 March 2012
- John Hudson, “Why WikiLeaks Is Raising Money Using MasterCard and PayPal Again”, The Atlantic Wire, 2 March 2011.
- “New public gut bacteria study expected to reach around the world”, University of Colorado
- Emma-Jayne Schenk, “Ongoing battle for king hit victim Matt Scarff”, Bendigo Advertiser , 4 January 2014.
- Amy Remeikis, “Homecoming for Rome Torti”, Brisbane Times , 3 January 2014.
- “WikiLeaks launches site for Edward Snowden's legal defense” Adrianne Jeffries, The Verge, 28 October 2013.
- “Ottawa mother loses 3 limbs after dog bite infection” CBC News, CBC News, 21 July 2013.
- “How an Ottawa mother lost three limbs to rare dog bite infection, but not her spirit” Sarah Boesveld, National Post, 22 July 2013.
- Tiger Woods Foundation, “Help send 10 deserving students to college”, Tiger Woods Foundation, 19 April 2012.
- “This Craigslist Ad Will Break Your Heart And Put It Back Together Again”, Huffington Post, 28 October 2013.