Fundamentals of Stack Gas Dispersion
The book's cover
|Author||Milton R. Beychok|
|Subject||Air dispersion modeling|
|Publisher||Milton R. Beychok|
|2005 (4th Edition)|
|Media type||Downloadable in PDF format|
|Pages||201 (21.5 cm × 27.6 cm)|
|LC Class||TD885 .B49 1994|
Fundamentals of Stack Gas Dispersion is a book devoted to the fundamentals of air pollution dispersion modeling of continuous, buoyant pollution plumes from stationary point sources. The first edition was published in 1979. The current fourth edition was published in 2005.
The subjects covered in the book include atmospheric turbulence and stability classes, buoyant plume rise, Gaussian dispersion calculations and modeling, time-averaged concentrations, wind velocity profiles, fumigations, trapped plumes and gas flare stack plumes. The constraints and assumptions involved in the basic equations are fully explained.
The book has been purchased in 84 countries and as of 2015 is available in 233 libraries worldwide. It has been referenced or cited as an educational resource more than 880 times in the technical literature and on the Internet, including 34 regulatory publications of state or national governmental agencies worldwide. It has also been used as recommended reading or a textbook in 61 university courses. It is also listed in the Open Library, the LibraryThing, Goodreads, the Wageningen University Library, the Internet Archive, citeulike and ResearchGate.
The book is now available only as a downloadable version in PDF format.
- James P. Lodge (November 1995), "Book review", Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 29, No. 22, p. 3397, ISSN 1352-2310:
- Karen Kowalewsky (January 1997), "Book reviews", Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Vol. 78, No. 1, pp. 90–94, ISSN 0003-2310:
- Stanley S. Grossel (August 1995), "Book review", Chemical Engineering Progress, Vol. 91, No. 8, p. 88, ISSN 1352-2310:
- Accidental release source terms
- ADMS 3
- Air pollution dispersion terminology
- Air Quality Modeling Group
- Atmospheric dispersion modeling
- Bibliography of atmospheric dispersion modeling
- List of atmospheric dispersion models
- UK Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling Liaison Committee
- Useful conversions and formulas for air dispersion modeling
- Atmospheric Environment, Volume 29, Issue 22, November 1995, page 3397, Elsevier B.V., reviewed by James P. Lodge. doi:10.1016/1352-2310(95)90214-7
- Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, January 1997, pages 90-94, American Meteorological Society, reviewed by Karen Kowalewsky
- Chemical Engineering Progress, August 1995, page 88, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, reviewed by Stanley S. Grossel
- Complete lists of countries, libraries and references/citations[dead link]
- Lodge Jr., James P. (1980). "Fundamentala of Stack Gas Dispersion (review)". Atmospheric Environment 14 (7): 865–866. doi:10.1016/0004-6981(80)90151-1. Retrieved 20 June 2014.