||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2012)|
The Old Steel Mill at Fundidora Park
|Area||142 hectares (350 acres)|
|Operated by||Fideicomiso Fundidora (Escrow)|
History and location
This urban sustainable park is located inside the former Monterrey Foundry Property with an area of 142 hectares (1.42 km2). The Monterrey Foundry (Monterrey Steel Foundry Company) operated from 1900 until its bankruptcy in 1986. Two years later, after being legally declared financially insolvent, the Fideicomiso Fundidora (Fundidora Escrow) was installed to administer the Park. The park has several industrial buildings from the Old Foundry making it a top famous Archeological Industrial Site in Mexico.
Fundidora Park contains extensive walking tracks, one artificial lake, playgrounds for children and a 2.1 miles (3.4 km) permanent road course which is popular with joggers, bicyclists and inline skaters. Fundidora Park also includes a CINTERMEX which is a convention center, a hotel, the Mabe Fundidora Ice Rink, Sesame Street Park, the Monterrey Arena, an auditorium, Centro de las Artes CONARTE (Council for the Culture and Arts of Nuevo León) museum, Cineteca Nuevo León and other smaller buildings with cultural venues.
Arena Monterrey is an indoor arena in Monterrey, Mexico. It is primarily used for concerts, shows and indoor sports like indoor soccer or basketball. It used to be the home arena of the Monterrey Fury indoor soccer team and the Fuerza Regia, a professional basketball team in the Liga Nacional de Baloncesto Profesional and the Monterrey La Raza, a team in the NISL.
The Arena Monterrey is owned by Publimax S.A. de C.V. (TV Azteca Northeast), part of the Avalanz Group, who owns 80% and by TV Azteca who owns 20%. The arena is 480,000 square feet (45,000 m²) in size.
Sesame Street Park
Parque Plaza Sesamo is a thematic park devoted to Sesame Street franchise. This park was inaugurated in 1995.
In this place there are water attractions like: Rio féliz, Aquaventuras, Locoboganes, Flash y Superflash, Rápidos y Superápidos.
Llantas, Asoleadero, Mar aventura y Mar bucaneros.
Centro de las Artes
Museo del Acero
- The Champ Car World Series Grand Prix of Monterrey was held from 2001 to 2006 (see Tecate/Telmex Grand Prix of Monterrey).
- Fundidora Park has been the venue of UN and OEA summits.
- On February 26, 2006, the Fundidora Park raceway hosted the A1 Grand Prix racing series.
- The park was the center of the 2007 Universal Forum of Cultures. For this event, an area of 30 hectares (0.30 km2) was joined to the 120 original hectares and also was joined to the city's Great Plaza by the Santa Lucia Riverwalk.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Parque Fundidora.|
A1GP race history
|Season||Sprint Race Winner||Feature Race Winner|
|2005–2006||Alexandre Premat||Alexandre Premat|
- Fundidora Park official website
- Mabe Fundidora Ice Rink: localized at Fundidora Park, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
- Centro de las Artes CONARTE