From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Fundus (disambiguation))
|Look up fundus in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fundus (Latin for "bottom") is an anatomical term referring to that part of a concavity in any organ, which is at the far end from its opening. Examples include:
- Fundus (stomach), the portion of the stomach's body which bulges up past the point of entry of the oesophagus
- Fundus of gallbladder, the portion of the gallbladder which lies the farthest from the cystic duct
- Fundus (uterus), the top portion, opposite from the cervix
- Fundus (eye), of the eye is the interior surface of the eye, opposite the lens, and includes the retina, optic disc, macula and fovea, and posterior pole
- Fundus camera, equipment for photographing the interior of the eye
- Fundus of the urinary bladder
- Fundus (brain), is the deepest part of any sulcus of the cerebral cortex
- Fundus (seabed), the seabed in a tidal river below low water mark
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fundus.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.