Funiculaire de Thonon-les-Bains
The Funiculaire de Thonon-les-Bains, or Thonon-les-Bains Funicular, is a funicular railway in the spa town of Thonon-les-Bains, in the French département of Haute-Savoie. The line links the Belvedere, in the city centre, to the port of Rives, on the shores of Lake Geneva.
The funicular is managed by the Syndicat intercommunal des bus de l'agglomération thononaise (SIBAT), which is also responsible for the local bus service. It was opened in 1888. It has been renovated twice, first in 1951 then again in 1989. Since 1989 the line has been fully automated.
The funicular has the following technical parameters:
- Length: 243 metres (797 ft)
- Height: 46 metres (151 ft)
- Average steepness: 21 %
- Capacity: 54 passengers per car
- Haulage speed: 3 metres per second (9.8 ft/s)
- Media related to Funiculaire de Thonon-les-Bains at Wikimedia Commons
- Funicular page on SIBAT web site
|This French railway-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|