||The subject of this article is in the news regarding a reported transaction.|
Aldemir with Galatasaray in 2013
|Power forward / Center|
August 9, 1991 |
Konak, İzmir, Turkey
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||230 lb (104 kg)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 53rd overall|
|Selected by the Los Angeles Clippers|
|Career highlights and awards|
Furkan Aldemir (born August 9, 1991) is a Turkish professional basketball player who last played for Galatasaray of the Turkish Basketball League (TBL). Standing at 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m), he mainly plays the power forward position, but he can also play as a center if needed.
Aldemir made his professional debut in the Turkish Basketball League with Pınar Karşıyaka during the 2007–08 season. In June 2011, he signed a four-year deal with Galatasaray Liv Hospital. In May 2014, he signed a new three-year, €3.9 million contract with Galatasaray. On November 24, 2014, he parted ways with Galatasaray in pursuit of an NBA contract.
Aldemir was selected by the Los Angeles Clippers with the 53rd overall pick of the 2012 NBA draft and then subsequently traded to the Houston Rockets in a four-team trade. On July 13, 2013, his rights were traded, along with Royce White, to the Philadelphia 76ers.
Aldemir was a regular Turkish youth national team player as he won a bronze medal at the 2009 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship. He played at the 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship where he averaged 11.6 rebounds per game. A year later, he played at the 2011 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship where he averaged 14.8 points, 15.9 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.7 blocks per game. He was named the All-Tournament team for his performance. He went on to play for the Turkish senior national team at the FIBA EuroBasket 2013 qualification and the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
- Galatasaray tabs prospect Furkan Aldemir
- Galatasaray made official the arrival of Furkan Aldemir
- "Galatasaray agreed with Furkan Aldemir on a new three-year deal". Sportando.com. May 26, 2014. Retrieved May 28, 2014.
- Furkan Aldemir announces on Facebook his decision to leave Galatasaray to join the NBA
- "CLIPPERS CHOOSE FURKAN ALDEMIR WITH 53RD PICK IN DRAFT". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. June 28, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2013.
- "Lamar Odom traded to Clippers". ESPN.com. June 30, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2013.
- "Sixers Acquire Rights to 21-year-old Center/Forward Furkan Aldemir of Turkey". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 13, 2013. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "TURKEY RUN AWAY WITH BRONZE MEDAL GAME". FIBAEurope.com. August 2, 2009. Retrieved November 25, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Furkan Aldemir.|