|Number of locations||320 stores (2013)|
|Key people||Giovanna Furlanetto (CEO)|
Furla is an Italian company that was created by the Furlanetto family over 80 years ago in 1927. The company is currently a limited liability company, still owned by the Furlanetto family. Furla features Italian-designed products that range from handbags and shoes to accessories. Its headquarters are located in Bologna, in a historic 18th century villa; Furla has 5 subsidiaries in USA, France, Japan, Hong Kong, and Korea.
Since the early 1980s, Furla began expanding the Italian accessory market to launch a franchising network. Furla currently exports to 71 countries. Its products are present in over 1000 retail sales outlets and 320 single brand boutiques, 156 of which are owned by the company and 164 are franchised.
In 2008, the president of Furla, Giovanna Furlanetto, created the Furla Foundation. The foundation is committed to supporting young talent in all areas of creativity, from art to fashion design, who cannot find venues to emerge and showcase their work.
- "Furla takes on China". InsideRetail.Asia, 2013. Accessed April 2013
- "Fashion and contemporary art: an interesting liaison". Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP, 2008, Lexology. Accessed April 2013
- " Furla up +18% as TR sales rocket, China beckons". Kevin Rozario, 2013. The Travel Retail Business, accessed April 2013
- "Furla creates its own foundation and invests €1 million". Barbara Rodeschini, 2008, MF Fashion. Accessed April 2013
- "Italian firm Furla teams up Li&Fung's parent in distribution JV". 2013.Reuters, accessed April 2013
- "Single-brand retail: Furla seeks DIPP nod, H&M may be next". Timsy Jaipuria, 2013. The Indian Express, accessed April 2013