|Traded as||TYO: 5801
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||Yokohama, Japan (1884 )|
|Headquarters||Marunouchi Nakadori Bldg., 2-3, Marunouchi 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8322, Japan|
|Key people||Mitsuyoshi Shibata, (CEO and President)
Masao Yoshida, (Chairman)
|Revenue||JPY) (FY 2012)|
|Net income||JPY) (FY 2012)|
|Footnotes / references
The company was founded by Furukawa Ichibei in 1884 in Yokohama when a copper-smelting facility and a wire manufacturing factory were established. Furukawa was a Japanese businessman who founded one of the fifteen largest industrial conglomerates in Japan, called Furukawa zaibatsu, to wich Furukawa Electric belongs to this day.
Business segments and products
- Electronics and automotive systems
- Energy and industrial products
- Light metals
Furukawa Electric Group global logo
In April 2013 the company adopted a new group global logo mark "that will be shared among all global group companies as a symbol to create a greater sense of unity while helping to convey a stronger global market presence for the Furukawa brand".
- "Furukawa Electric Company Profile". Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Furukawa Electric Financial Statements 2013". Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Furukawa's technology contributed to the discovery of the Higgs boson". Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Furukawa Electric Group Sustainability Report 2013". Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "New Furukawa Electric Group Global Logo Mark". Retrieved March 19, 2014.
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|