Fuse (radio program)
Fuse is a Canadian radio program, which airs on CBC Radio One and on CBC Radio 3's satellite radio channel. From March 25, 2007 to August 2008, the program was also aired on CBC Radio 2, becoming the only program which has aired on all three networks. Each week, the program pairs two (and occasionally three or more) Canadian musicians for an hour-long concert in which the artists collaborate on a mix of material by all of the involved artists as well as cover songs.
In fall 2008, Fuse concerts will also begin airing on bold.
Fuse first aired in 2005 as a summer program by the producers of Bandwidth, the network's regional arts and culture program in Ontario. It aired following Vinyl Tap, taking over the final hour of Finkleman's 45s' timeslot.
The show completed its original run in October 2005, and was replaced by the weekend edition of National Playlist. After National Playlist was cancelled, Fuse rejoined the CBC schedule in the spring of 2006.
The program's original host, Amanda Putz moved with her husband to Hong Kong in the fall of 2006. She was replaced by former Ontario Today host Alan Neal in November of that year. Putz returned to the program in September 2007.
- Randy Bachman and Tal Bachman
- Leslie Feist and Kathleen Edwards
- Joel Plaskett and Tom Wilson
- Kiran Ahluwalia and Mighty Popo
- Lynn Miles and Jim Bryson
- Jenny Whiteley and Stephen Fearing
- Gentleman Reg, Andy Kim and Danny Michel
- Ron Sexsmith and Sam Roberts
- Hawksley Workman and Choclair
- Andy Stochansky and Andrew McPherson
- Colin Linden and Alana Levandoski
- Ridley Bent, Ndidi Onukwulu and Madagascar Slim
- Agnostic Mountain Gospel Choir and Sarah Dugas & Andrina Turenne
- Carolyn Mark and Great Lake Swimmers
- Lily Frost and Hilotrons
- Jill Barber, Matthew Barber, Bryden Baird, Jesse Baird and Jay Baird
- Torngat and Patrick Watson
- Andre Ethier and Sandro Perri
- Kids on TV and Ohbijou
- Jim Cuddy and Oh Susanna
- Final Fantasy and Cadence Weapon
- Apostle of Hustle and Tagaq
- Jon-Rae and the River and Anne Lindsay
- Emm Gryner and D.D. Jackson
- Royal Wood and Priya Thomas
- Blackie and the Rodeo Kings and Murray McLauchlan
- Amy Millan and Luke Doucet
- Henri Fabergé and the Adorables and Abdominal